pixeltracker

Aida----I just got home from the final show

Aida----I just got home from the final show

Toni
#0Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:17pm

Well let me start by saying I've always loved Aida & it was hard saying good-bye.

Deborah Cox was a much better Aida than I expected. This was my 1st time seeing her in the role & I had plenty of doubt before hand but like I said she was good, no Heather or Simone but she was good.

Now moving on to Adam. (Love me some Pascal)-a wonderful Radames as always. I could never seem to get enough of him. Love that he came back to close the show.

Lisa Brescia was also very enjoyable.

I thought it was going to be much more emotional than it was. It really didn't have that "Show closing feeling" that I had expected or wanted.

I'm very sad to see Aida end. It always seemed to do something to me.

Well i'm very interested to know what anyone else thought of todays fare-well show.

Please post your thoughts.

If I were only meant to tend the nest,then why does my imagination sail Across the mountains and the seas,beyond the make-believe of any fairytale?

insomniak
#1re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:19pm

Can we have a few more details? Did Adam hit 'the note'?

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#2re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:21pm

im glad you enjoyed it re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#3re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:23pm

I just got home from the show as well! It was great! I was on the front row, because we camped out ALL NIGHT for the rush. It was so worth it though! Deb was so so so great. Better than Heather and anyone else. Adam was really good also. Lisa was great great great. I loved her. The whole thing was amazing. During the act one finale, "The God's Love Nubia" the whole cast was crying, it was very emotional. I loved when the producer gave all of us on the front row a what's up from the stage during his speech, that was awesome. It was great, I will miss it.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#4re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:24pm

I NEED MORE LISA DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponine24601
#5re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:24pm

yes did adam hit the 'will forget'? could we have more details please!!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:25pm

Any special moments, ad-libs, etc?

Who was there? Elton John? Time Rice? Heather Headley? Sherie Renee Scott?

Details, pwease!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#7re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

what time did you get there for the rush tickets? my friend and I got there at 6am, saw the huge line of people and then left. i guess 6am wasn't early enough.

Toni
#8re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

Adam did an absolutely wonderful job. Not one complaint from me. His voice hit every target it set it sights on. However I did overhear one guy during intermission make fun of Adam's raspiness. But to love Adam is to love the raspy voice. He did no wrong.

If I were only meant to tend the nest,then why does my imagination sail Across the mountains and the seas,beyond the make-believe of any fairytale?

luvWICKED416
#9re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:26pm

DID ANYONE TAKE PICS!!!!!!1????????????

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#10re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:26pm

He did hit the note, everything that everyone did was excelent. The show could not have been better.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

insomniak
#11re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:28pm

Does he sound different than on the OBCR? I don't think he sounds raspy there.

Glad you all like it. I would give my molars to have been there.

Toni
#12re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:29pm

Okay okay yes a little trouble w/the Will Forget. I didn't want to say it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#13re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

(feels unnoticed)

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

ponine24601
#14re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!!!*jumps for joy* yes yes yes!! haha. that makes me happy. re: Aida----I just got home from the final show

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#15re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:32pm

Actually he squeaked it I think.

ponine24601
#16re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:33pm

i don't care!

luvWICKED416
#17re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:33pm

did anyhting happen @ curtain call?????!!!!!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#18re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:34pm

Yay!! I don't care if he squeaks it- he still hit it!!!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#19re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:34pm

Again, I feel unnoticed.

Details, pwease!

--Aristotle

#20re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:36pm

Heh. Time Rice.

Yankeefan007
#21re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:36pm

I was there....well, by the stage door. Nobody of interest was there. It looked like a crowd of everyday people.

insomniak
#22re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:37pm

Seriously, none of the OBC showed to say goodbye? That makes me very sad. I know Sherie is busy with DRS on the other side of the country, but couldn't a few of the others have made it?

Toni
#23re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:42pm

I was also extremely disappointed in this. Someone said that some of the past cast members were there but I didn't hear any names nor did I sneak a peek at anyone. Big letdown. I was still holding onto a fantasy of Heather Headley walking out instead of Deborah.

Updated On: 9/5/04 at 07:42 PM

luvWICKED416
#24re: Aida----I just got home from the final show
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:44pm

why would you not want lisa brescia to walk out!!!! are you kidding me!!! or did you mean deb cox???? i hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Videos