pixeltracker

GAVIN is adorable and ALICE is a goddess, sick or not.

GAVIN is adorable and ALICE is a goddess, sick or not.

andyf
#0GAVIN is adorable and ALICE is a goddess, sick or not.
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:24am

so i just got back from the gavin and alice concert, which ended up being the gavin and shoshana concert because alice unfortunately got laryngitis, but shoshana bean was a surprise guest on 2 songs, and gavin was so amazing it more than made up for the lack of alice.

anybody else there?

i think the highlight of the night for me was when he jumped up an octave at the end of "light up", you could definitely see the whitney in him.

PS - bwayguy2, be jealous......"the adamness", as i believe you refer to him, was there. anne l. nathan and megan hilty were also in the audience.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 12:24 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:25am

So some more information would be really nice.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

B.B. Wolf
#2re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:25am

though the title doesn't bode well...

Word. Word, indeed.

luvtheEmcee
#3re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:28am

Apparently Alice has been sick for a few days... re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

andyf
#4re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:29am

edited the first post, posted prematurely....but i hear it happens to a lot of guys re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#5re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:29am

Gavin is soooooooooooooooooooo cool! re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

luvtheEmcee
#6re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:30am

Sorry andy!

Thanks, though! re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

andyf
#7re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:31am

no the percussion guy is cool
rob is chill
gavins the spaz......werent you paying attention.

B.B. Wolf
#8re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:33am

Nice. Gavin's got a great voice. Song list, por favor?

Word. Word, indeed.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#9re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:38am

Gavin is a god! re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#10re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:39am

Gavin is one of the most talented performers today.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

andyf
#11re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:44am

hahaa, im WAY too dumb for a song list.

-the first song was a very sentimental song ("dont be afraid mom, dont be ashamed, im still your little boy, im still the same")
-next was......uhhh i have no idea.
-then shoshana bean sang, "there are places ill remember all my life...." with gavin (she did more backup)
-then some more songs
-then a song written by his guitar player that was inspired by the sunrise
-at some point there was some disco song, REALLY good
-eventually shoshana came back and they did a bangin duet
-then he sang a joni mitchell song, and "you give good love"
-then he sang "Light Up" (NOT about smoking)
-then for an encore he sang something really beautiful

GOD im so GOOD, there will be a more coherent one im SURE, i just dont know the names of ANY of the songs. :)

NativeNewYorker
#12re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:55am

Did he sing the songs with "I'd rather drink Draino than fall in love with you" and "Nothing you can say's gonna change the way I'm feelin'oh I know I'm reelin'"?

Those are two of my favorites.

The boy needs a CD!

B.B. Wolf
#13re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:12am

andy...BEST REVIEW EVER!!!! My favorite was "the song written by his guitar player that was inspired by the sunrise." I'm sure it was great in the actual performance, but putting it so tersely, I swear I spat cognac everywhere!

Word. Word, indeed.
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 01:12 AM

ShineOn
#14re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:18am

Oh, leave Alice alone! She was REALLY sick on Monday and gave an AMAZING performance at Broadway Unplugged. Even sicker yesterday and still showed up for her gig... not to mention auditions up the ass... she was EVEN sicker today so the girl deserved a break.

Ms. Bean was FABULOUS!!! B*tch can SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG. Of course Alice's presence was sorely missed, but it was still a FABULOUS evening. re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY Gavin is ADORABLE!

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

andyf
#15re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:12am

native - he DID sing the reelin one, bc i kept laughing and thinking how much punnier it would be if "creelin'" was a real word.

shosh can definitely sing, im doing everything in my power to see her the week she goes on.

and as far as alice is concerned, ive been waiting for you to show up, daisy, haha. the title was just too much fun to not use. we know i love me some a-rips. she did give an AMAZING performance at broadway unplugged (we know this) i just hope she gets better for her auditions bc i need her back on broadway.

hopefully shell make a miraculous recovery for friday. re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

gavin, though, was most certainly adorable, im hunting down a contact as we speak.

ShineOn
#16re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:21am

Well, I just think we shouldn't harp on her too much. I mean, perhaps if she was "E-Skins" it would be a little more appropriate. re: GAVIN CREEL and ALICE SICK-LY

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."

andyf
#17fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:29am

first of all hahahaha

second of all, i scrapped the cute title, because i love a-rips more than i love grotesque puns, and i LOVE me some cheesy puns.

GOD, the things i do for this woman. fixed

Updated On: 9/30/04 at 02:29 AM

andyf
#18fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:32am

EDIT: just reworked the title AGAIN....and i think, daisy, youll find much more fitting fixed

ShineOn
#19fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:39am

LOL! I doubt Alice would care about the pun, really.

It's not like this is a common occurance for her. Everyone knows she's legitly ill and everyone's pulling for a quick recovery.

However, a certain someone missing a certain NYMF concert the week before may not be as easily excused. Ahem. That's all I'm saying. That's all! fixed (Aww... not as easily excused, but still loved all the same.)

But again, KUDOS to Gavin. You rock, dude!

Kayla426 Profile Photo
Kayla426
#20fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 10:42am

Song list...well the ones he did off the top of my head were

"Don't Mom"
"Friday Saturday Sunday"
"Might Still Happen"
"You Give Good Love"
"Summer Highland Falls"
"These Four Walls"
"Don't Go"
"Beautiful Sunrise"
"Big Bright Love"
"Some Crazy Love" (I know that's not right, but it was a good song)
"West Coast"

Sho and Gav did "In My Life" and "Shaky Ground" together. Sho did "I am Ready" or something like that.

He didn't do I can't Handle that. It was just Gavin, Robbie, and Clancy, Dave wasn't there so no piano.

"Light Up" he closed with before "These Four Walls"

He forgot to mention about his gig at Feinstein's on the 18th so buy your tickets now. Ticket info is on the site.
gavin creel online Updated On: 9/30/04 at 10:42 AM

broadwayguy2
#21fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 11:05am

LOVE Gavinator
LOVE Shoshana
LOVE Adamness!

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#22fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:16pm

what a show! i really hope he gets signed. this is truly what he wants to do for the rest of his life. he's so real, so down to earth. sometimes i wonder if he has any true flaws. i can honestly say i've never hung out with a more sincere person in my life.

shosh sang "Ready for Love" by india.arie - it was breathtaking.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#23fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 6:19pm

I think there should be a big Gavin head like the Barbie Styling Head where you can comb/brush Gavin's luscious golden locks. Great merchandise idea for La Cage, huh?

Updated On: 9/30/04 at 06:19 PM

SonofCorine2 Profile Photo
SonofCorine2
#24fixed
Posted: 9/30/04 at 6:27pm

Will it come with neckties that you can take on and off?

"Honey- Men don't want one woman. Do the same thing. Date many men. I DO! I am going through the exact same thing. Don't over eat, instead date others. You will be amazed how much fun it will be. Also play hard to get. Men are dogs honey. DOGS!" - Corine2 10/29/04

Videos