pixeltracker

Ever attended the Tonys?- Page 2

Ever attended the Tonys?

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#25re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 12:07am

I love you Marc Shaiman too!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

She's tall enough to be your mother

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#26re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 12:07am

LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE YYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

She's tall enough to be your mother

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#27re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 10:36am

went to the tony dress rehearsal the year bernadette and gregory hosted. fun stuff.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

onceadancer2 Profile Photo
onceadancer2
#28re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 12:07pm

I attended the first Tony award ceremonies in, I think, 1946 or 1947. It was a very stuffy and boring affair. I believe Katharine Cornell won for something, perhaps Antony and Cleopatra. I'm a bit hazy. It was not a lavish affair, just a dinner at the Astor, or was it some other hotel. In those days, it was not a big deal. You had to be invited. I believe my invitation was from Bertaigne Windust. I can't recall anything. Well, that's was happens when you get old!!!!

Miriam

Every movement has a meaning--but what the hell does it mean!

laactress
#29re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 12:38pm

Unfortunaltly I don't live in NY so it makes it hard for me to go. I have been invited a few times but sometimes it's hard to just come up with the money to fly across country! But one day I will be able to do that, When I am not a nanny to pay my bills, when I am acting to pay my bills :)

It started with a sipmle idea, collecting one paper clip for every life lost, the feelings that connect us...are greater than those that divide us!

Chrysanthemum62001
#30re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 3:29pm

I have. It was a few seasons ago when Sutton won her Tony for Millie. My dress was AWESOME, and I had the time of my life.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:32pm

I went last year & I also got to go to the WICKED afterparty and BB Kings. Sooooooooooo much fun! I got to meet Idina and Kristin and I brushed shoulders with Taye, was about 5 feet from Nicole Kidman, sat two rows behind Marc and Scott, AND I saw (in addition to Idina and Kristin) Stephen Schwartz, Winnie Holzman, Laura Bell Bundy, Eden Espinosa, and Wayne Cilento. It was a GREAT night, even though I was very upset WICKED didnt win the Tony. Still an AMAZING, AMAZING experience.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#32re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 6:22pm

is there an age minimum? if anyone gets an extra ticket or something and would like to take a cute little boy garunteed (sp) to get you romantic looks from hot guys, hot girls. than contact me! i'll be the ultimate companion! and, thank to a thing called a bar mitzvah, you provide the ticket, I provide the cash for mine! PM !

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
Updated On: 10/13/04 at 06:22 PM

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#33re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:46pm

YES - and let me say how bad the 2004 Tony's was - I mean everyone did great etc.

But when Ave Q won Best Musical - all Hell broke loose!!!!!

Ask if you need an explanation!

I'll be there again!

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#34re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:47pm

explanation...
i wish i could be there...

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#35re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:50pm

HAHAHA

Yay, thanks.

Well, when they announced it people started to boo - BOO! I couldn't believe it. On the sides of the main stage they would show posters of the shows that won or that were being talked bout (ie: THe nominees are Henry V (poster)....etc). Call it a fluke or a mjaor accident, the Wicked poster came up when Ave Q won best musical.

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#36re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:56pm

haha, that's soooo weird! people BOO'd!? i'm gonna kick their a**es! how'd you get tickets!? I WANNA GO!

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#37re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 10:00pm

I know people.

Most people don't know this, but now they will, tickets are sold just like those for shows. You need to find a ticket brocker - even ticketmaster.com (sometimes)

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#38re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 10:05pm

do u know people that could... uh... set me up? lol... thanks for the tippy

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#39re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/13/04 at 10:46pm

I do....but they are family to me.

Sorry

call ticketmaster or a ticket brocker (check the Phone Book)

There were empty seats when I went (not saying that ppl didnt show up)

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#40re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:50am

I've attended two Tony Award ceremonies with VIP/media passes. I was upfront and had an incredible time. If you ever have the chance to go, go.

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

actorgaedu Profile Photo
actorgaedu
#41re: Ever attended the Tonys?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 8:58am

I went to the 1998 Tonys and all hell broke loose that year when "The Lion King" beat out "Ragtime" for Best Musical. I met SOO many people that night and I really enjoyed Rosie O'Donnell as the host, she was hysterical! Also, that was the year that Emily and Alice were up for best actress together and Alice forgot the words to "Who will love me as I am" She recovered in an amazing fashion and belted the crap out of the end of the song. The highlight for me that year was the opening number with the DIVAS Jennifer Holliday, Patti Lupone, and Betty Buckley singing their signature songs...WOW what a moment

Theater anywhere, anytime and with anyone. It's my passion.

Videos