News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Chicago seating question

NJgirl
#0Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 2:31pm

Hey all, Im new around here...and yes, I used the search function before I asked this...
Im taking my mom to see Chicago as a surprise in a few weeks, but Ive never been in the Ambassador before or seen the show. I had awesome tix to see Chicago once before, but the actors and musicians went on strike the day I had tix in March 2003. Chicago seating question

Im getting offered a bunch of tickets on Telecharge...is it better to sit in say Right row CC on the aisle toward the center (basically front row)...or is it better to move back a few rows? to like Row E on the sides toward the middle of the row or like say Row K (on the aisle) on the sides?
The only center seats I can seem to pull up are M, N and O....

Thanks in advance,
Cristin

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#1re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 3:23pm

go back a few rows -- save your neck the crick!

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

Sant
#2re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 4:03pm

I saw Chicago in the Ambassador in August and I was sitting on row F which was great. Not too far at all. The Ambassador is not that big, so even from the last rows of the Orch the view is good. And if you sit a bit farther from the stage you'll see the dances much better when you see the whole ensemble.

NJgirl
#3re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 4:29pm

Thanks for the opinions and help!

So I guess the close seats are out...Im better off going back a few rows...

Alot of stuff Im getting is like Row F or E (Left or Right) toward the middle of the row....How are those? or Am i better with M, N, O in the center orch?

goingagain
#4re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 4:40pm

AHH, you were there when I was last time I guess! I had great seats then. We went in January before the strike and had second row center...great seats. We are going again in November and have front row center. The feeling of being in the front was great...like you are right there in the action with them. Personally, I would say go for front if you can get them. Given a choice of farther back or on the side, take farther back.

CJR
#5re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 6:50pm

From someone who's seen Chicago more times than she cares to admit, I'd go for row CC most definitely.

~Heather, who's actually seeing something that's NOT Chicago tonight! re: Chicago seating question

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 10/14/04 at 06:50 PM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#6re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 10/14/04 at 7:26pm

Saw "Charlie Brown" at the Ambassador. It is very small, but it's wider than it is deep. Because of that...side seats sometimes are not greet. Even if you have to go back a ways...I'd go as center as possible.
*cheers*

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

JackSHC111
#7re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 4/17/08 at 2:38pm

BUMP

I am looking at Chicago tickets in May and the evening I am looking for gives me options of Row M, center orchestra with the next best being Front Right Mezz., Row A. How are the side mezzanine seats? Trying to fit one more show in, and Chicago is not having a Memorial Day show....so making use of every available slot I have!

Thanks for any help!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#8re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 4/17/08 at 3:04pm

For someone who has actually sat in row K of the left side of the orchestra section, those are very good seats. You won't miss anything at all. Actually, me and my sister were right in K 1 & 3.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#9re: Chicago seating question
Posted: 4/17/08 at 8:35pm

I would go for the Orch tickets, JachSHC11. With the front mezzanine first rwo you have to lean forward because of rails and speakers.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Videos