pixeltracker

I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.

I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#0I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 3:42pm

I don't know if anyone is familiar with him, but John Jeffrey Martin is one of the cast members I met when in a restaurant in NYC, along with Brooke Tansley who plays Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Does anyone know where I begin looking for e-mail addresses or anything like that. Or does anyone have addresses of any actors or actresses that actually respond to mail? Thanks so much!

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#1re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 3:48pm

You can always send him something to the theater where 'Hairspray' is playing. He'll get it.

broadwayguy2
#2re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 3:54pm

yes. Send a letter to the neil Simon and they will get it to Jeff. He is a TOTAL sweetheart isn't he?

ifagirlisntpretty
#3re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:00pm

Except he is leaving Hairspray very soon to begin Good Vibrations rehearsals... so you may want to wait a couple of months and send it to the O'Neill.

moonys_autumn
#4re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:07pm

Brooke's website has a way to contact her, "flower@brooketansley.com" I believe... you can send her questions... pictures...

If only you could know the things I long to say... if only I could tell you what I'm dieing to convey...
Updated On: 10/18/04 at 04:07 PM

beachie
#5re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:14pm

Which part does he play? My Hairspray Playbill from last spring doesn't list John Jeffrey Martin (although Brooke Tansley is listed).

broadwayguy2
#6re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:16pm

Jeff replaced John Hill as Fender. He understudies Link and Corny

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#7re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:32pm

How do i address it? His name first or the theater name first?

capnkidd
#8re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:34pm

the theatre's name 1st-good luck!

broadwayguy2
#9re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:34pm

John Jeffrey Martin
c/o Neil Simon Theatre

touchmeinthemorning
#10re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 4:36pm

JJ Martin c/o Neil Simon theatre (or whatever theatre you are sending it to).

I met him a few days ago, too. He's a sweet guy, for sure.

EDIT: Jinx, bg2!!

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
Updated On: 10/18/04 at 04:36 PM

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#11re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:05pm

Thanks so much! I hope he responds...lol. I feel like such a little dorky girl! Does this work for any theater? If I wanted to send mail to someone else?

Ebonic_Singer
#12re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:08pm

He's ridiculously nice--I met him backstage a couple of months ago. He's a cool dude.

broadwayguy2
#13re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:09pm

yeah, Jeff is SUCH a nice guy. I wish him all the best.

yeah, just send it to the actor c/o the theatre

capnkidd
#14re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:10pm

yes star,
performers get their mail c/o the theatre they're working in.

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#15re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:12pm

He also has a web site:

http://www.johnjeffreymartin.tk/

Maybe it's not his official but it's one about him. Updated On: 10/18/04 at 05:12 PM

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#16re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 5:18pm

Everyone has been really helpful, now I just hope he gets and I get some sort of response! He wasn't the only one I met, there were like 5 of them from Hairspray but he was the only face I remembered, because they didn't all say their names so I just searched and remembered him. But they were all so sweet, the one guy was tlaking to my mom like they were old pals. It was really cute! Ohhhh I hope he writes back lol!

scottwalker
#17re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 8:33pm

Hairspray has one of those casts...Almost Everyone is so nice.LSOH was like that also.Was great when they were across the street from each other...So many wonderfull...and very talented people in one little area.Was A Great time.

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#18re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 9:41pm

I've never seen Hairspray, I've seen the movie only. But I've seen Little Shop and I didn't meet anyone in the cast...but as for the show, it was awesome! And everyone seemed very down to earth, I had watched them on I think it was Good Morning America or something back in February then after they performed Suddenly Seymour I HAD to see the show. So I saw it in May, along with Wicked and loved both!

BwayTheatre11
#19re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 9:47pm

John is such an amazing guy. He is beautiful, talented, nice...he has it all! That is why he is my favorite performer on Broadway.

CCM '10!

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#20re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 10:35pm

You've met him before? What have you seen him in?

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#21re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 10:37pm

I've met him too. He's a great guy. His mother used to choreograph the musicals at my school, and he came to one of our dress rehearsals. It was nice to get to have a more personal discussion with a Broadway performer than i would at a theater stage door. He also gave me tips on my performance. To quote him, "I'm a starving actor, but it's not because I don't have any money. I just can't cook!"

StarL925 Profile Photo
StarL925
#22re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/18/04 at 10:40pm

Oh how funny! Where are you from? That's so awesome that you were able to have a real conversation with him. Was he a humble person? Seems like it.

BwayTheatre11
#23re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 9:31am

I have not met him or seen him in anything. I have heard him sing, pics, etc.

CCM '10!

Eyemakeup3 Profile Photo
Eyemakeup3
#24re: I met John Jeffrey Martin, from Hairspray.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 10:45am

Young Mr. Martin is the cat's meow.
He is indeed a sweetheart, but even better a dedicated and passionate performer, and has excelled at a variety of roles in his short time as a "hot chorus boy", here's wishing him all the best "at the beach".

Remember that he is a busy young man and might not be able to return your letter asap, he'll be exiting HAIRSPRAY shortly and jumping right into GOOD VIBRATIONS rehearsals.

"Real friends are very special, but you have to be careful because sometimes you have a friend and you think they are made of rock, then suddenly you realise they're only made of sand." Maria Callas (American soprano. 1923-1977)

Videos