News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayMania

BwayMania Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayMania
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Let's Recreate the Flop Marquee Thread!
 Oct 25 2007, 11:18:16 PM
Can someone clarify what a flop is? I can see shows like Lestat and In My Life, & Tom Sawyer being called flops, maybe even ones like All Shook Up. However, while they didn't run for a few years, weren't shows like Footloose, Saturday Night Fever, and Wedding Singer successful enough to NOT be flops?
1st national tour of High School Musical
 Aug 5 2007, 06:27:28 PM
That is awesome. I have met John Jeffery Martin personally 2 times, since his mom was the choreographer for 2 high school productions I was in. I am really glad to see him working on such a big project. As for the earthworm guy, I remember going to an acting camp with a Dante Russo. I bet that is him. Nice to see people I know make it to big, theatrical projects.
re: Movies that could be Broadway musicals
 Jul 13 2007, 03:41:27 PM
I think THAT THING YOU DO! (the Tom Hanks movie) would make a great musical. Of course, it would pose a challenge: not having the characters perform the same song 10 times. If the writers could work around this, use some of the clever retro sounding songs from the movie (as well as maybe some new ones), I think it would make a great musical.
re: Good ideas for jukebox musicals
 Jul 12 2007, 11:15:54 PM
I, for some reason, always thought of one with the music of Huey Lewis & The News. I actually thought up a whole plot and was gonna write the show for fun. That never happened. LOL!
re: Which show will be the big hit this season - MERMAID or FRANKENSTEIN.
 Jun 30 2007, 01:43:49 PM
Everyone seems to be complaining about the prices for Young Frankenstein. As far as I have read (on another post on this message board I think), the rediculously priced seats are the premium seats. The regular prices are much like the norm for Broadway these days. I am not sure of the specifics, but I think they were around (estimated) $50, $80, $120. I recall someone saying that they are not that different than Legally Blonde currently is.

I could be wrong, but that is what I believe I

re: Robert Sean Leanard in the Music Man
 Jun 21 2007, 12:45:17 AM
I remember him playing the role very well. He definitely had the sly confidence that the role requires (and Matthew Broderick lacked)
re: Hairspray may need better marketing
 Apr 30 2007, 03:02:24 PM
According to IMDB.com, Harry Potter comes out the 13th while Hairspray comes out the 20th. This might now be a bad thing. While Harry will still probably be tops at the box office by its second week, a lot of the real die-hards will probably have seen it already in the first week it came out. Therefore, I think Hairspray should have a good shot at opening in the top 5 for a weekend or two.
re: Young Frankenstein News?
 Apr 27 2007, 05:18:47 PM
I would love to see Blazing Saddles the Musical. The poster, going with the same approach, sould simply say, "THE SHERIFF IS A NEAR!"
re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
 Apr 6 2007, 12:23:55 AM
Just got back from the show. None of the shots were really that bad at all. I can see how some would be startling, but if you know when they are coming, especially the Kansasland one, and are prepared, they aren't bad at all. It's a great show, with a great cast and well written story.

re: CURTAINS Stage Door ?
 Mar 30 2007, 10:34:35 AM
I met David Hyde Pierce at the stage door after Spamalot. He was very quiet, although he signed autographs, took pictures, etc. Overall, he was really nice and humble (so it seemed at least). The most surprising thing was when he looked at the crowd to make sure he got everyone, and went back in the theater. I assume, therefore, that he came out then just to meet the fans. Unless he has changed his ways for some reason, it would make no sense for you to have a problem meeting him.

As f

re: We Will Rock You
 Mar 29 2007, 10:04:28 PM
I saw the show on a trip to London and Vegas and loved it (London was better). Of course that makes sense since I am a classic rock/theater fanatic.

The plot is that in the world of the future people only listen to downloaded music and rock 'n' roll has been outlawed. The rebels, Galileo & Scaramouche, join forces with the Bohemians, the rebels to bring back rock 'n' roll and defeat the Killer Queen and her henchman, Kashoggi.

Yes, it is by far very silly at times, but I found

Upcoming Grease Revival Song Changes
 Mar 29 2007, 08:07:54 PM
Hey all.

I know that one of the big things about this new revival of Grease is that "Hopelessly Devoted", "Sandy" & "You're The One That I Want" will be in the show. Does this mean that "Alone At A Drive-In Movie" & "All Choked Up" are going to be left out? I think those are great songs, and I would hate for them to be left out in an attempt to make the stage musical more like the movie (Keep it like Little Shop, the movie and stage show as separate things).

According to an i

re: David Hyde Pierce giving Esparza a run for the Tony?
 Mar 17 2007, 12:50:46 AM
I think the funniest thing is that David Hyde Pierce, himself, would side with the Raul supporters. To quote him from a Playbill.com interview, "Well, I've had the privilege of seeing Raúl [Esparza] in Company, so I'm able to put away my thoughts about any Tony Award because I thought he was so amazing in that role."

There's something to ponder!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106274.html
(Link to the whole interview with DHP)

re: Broadway star sightings!
 Mar 13 2007, 11:50:00 PM
When I went to go see Wedding Singer, I walked around the area before they opened the theater. Around the block from Drowsy Chaperone, I was walking with my head down, when I noticed a dog on a leash. I looked up, and it was Sutton Foster walking to work. It was so quick, otherwise I would have simply been like, "I know you! You are great!"

Also, "Wanna Be A Foster" mentioned John Jeffery Martin. I actually saw him at my high school. His mom was the choreographer there for many years. S

Mar 12 2007, 12:53:32 AM
I want to say sorry to JaredBway for unofficially taking over his thread. Sorry, but I was kinda wondering the same thing.

Mar 12 2007, 12:48:12 AM
Thanks for your concern. Years ago I would get a lot more fantic about this stuff. I just have to remind myself that it won't hurt me, etc and that I have been thorough it before. Since it seems there are multiple cases in the show, I will look at the experience as hopefully a postive one, that will hopefully end my irrational phobia of gun shots etc.
 Mar 11 2007, 11:32:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up all. I have seen probably close to 75 shows, and my stupid "phobia" of loud noises always annoys me. However, I refuse to let that stop me from seeing a good show, and that seems to be the case with Curtains. Thanks again all for the info.

Now Kansasland is in Act 2 right? (That's what is says on IBDB.) So nothing significant in Act 1?

Thanks again all!

Mar 11 2007, 10:03:28 PM
Would someone give a spoiler and elaborate on this infamous first shot that scares the crap out of everyone?

Also, are most sudden and startling, or do you know they are coming after a while?

And thanks dreamz!

Mar 11 2007, 01:01:03 PM
Thanks dreamz. That would be appreciated.
 Mar 10 2007, 11:36:41 PM
I suppose when we speak of gun shots we mean actual blanks being fired and not sound effects (or the like)?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You