pixeltracker

Audition Suggestions for Seussical

chunchun
#0Audition Suggestions for Seussical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 12:39am

hello all, we're doing Seussical for my junior production at my high school for drama club. I'm intrested in the part of mazie. What would be a good sing to sing for the audition? And what's her range? Thanks!
Updated On: 10/23/04 at 12:39 AM

chunchun
#1Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 2:52pm

?? can't you guys help me out?

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#2Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 2:53pm

sweetie,
why don't you change the title of this thread to
it might help Sussical the Musical

Chrysanthemum62001
#3Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 2:59pm

Broadwaystar2b-I ruv you!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#4Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 6:57pm

Stuff from: "Youre a good man CB", "Snoopy", and Jack's/Little Red's stuff from "Into the Woods".

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#5Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 6:57pm

Stuff from: "Youre a good man CB", "Snoopy", and Jack's/Little Red's stuff from "Into the Woods". Anything light, childish and fun. "Hairspray" might even work.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

timote316
#6Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 10:28pm

I havent seen Seussical, but from what I've heard of the show, anything fun, light and bouncy would be good. CurtainUp's suggestions would be great

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#7Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/23/04 at 11:17pm

We did Seussical this year, and our Mayzie sang "Good Morning" from Singin in the Rain.

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72 Profile Photo
Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72
#8Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/24/04 at 12:28am

"Spanish Rose" from "Bye Bye Birdie" would be really good, it's feisty and in your face; much like the character of Mayzie

Join me on journey that is the development of my first musical! Twitter/Insta @gimpymusical FB: Gimpy The Musical email @gimpymusical@gmail.com for more info!

chunchun
#9Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/24/04 at 3:09pm

oh, you all have wonderful and sugsetions, and those crossed my mind too. .but the past two years we did birie, where i was ursula and into the woods, Rapunzel , so don't you think it'd be weird if i sang something from them?

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#10Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/24/04 at 3:22pm

yeah then go with "Good Man..." or "Snoopy". Too bad "my new philosophy" is overdone cause that would be fabulous. If it's just HS though it might work.

sean martin
#11Sussical the Musical
Posted: 10/25/04 at 12:49pm

The Baseball Game from CHARLIE BROWN

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

Videos