Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel

Jaynrand Profile Photo
Jaynrand
#0Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:18pm

Mystery book about the try-out period of a musical during the 1969 season.

Lots of fun.

Check it out here.

http://www.writersblocksite.com/
Updated On: 12/17/04 at 05:18 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#1re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:44pm

I REALLY wanted to read this book over my Winter Break for a book report but I couldnt find it anywhere. I went to borders and barnes and nobles and none of them had it in stock. The shipping would take forever too. I guess I'll read it for my next book report.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Jaynrand Profile Photo
Jaynrand
#2re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:54pm

Jai - if you order it directly from the link in my first post - that's Kimmel's own site and you can get it in two or three days.

Peter Filichia wrote about it....and I know a couple of people who ordered it there and received it post haste!

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/5457

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/17/04 at 6:41pm

Unfortunately, I didnt know about that and picked RAGTIME instead. Next time though...

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Jaynrand Profile Photo
Jaynrand
#4re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/17/04 at 7:08pm

Yea....right now on the site I think you get a CD of songs from the faux musical that Kimmel recorded - "Who Do I Have to Blank to Get Out of This Show" is pretty funny.

CanWeTalkBroadway? Profile Photo
CanWeTalkBroadway?
#5re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 1:07am

I read the excert and read the part about rain "like Ann Miller tapdancing on his head" and I new this wasf inally a book for me! Most books don't speak to me so I don't read that many so I immediately went to the Amazon website because my mother gave me an online gift card a couple of christmases ago that I never used because like I said I have never been a big reader but I am so psiched to get this I cannot wait.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#6re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 1:19am

Should this be in stock at Borders? I am thinking about asking for it for Christmas...

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

CanWeTalkBroadway? Profile Photo
CanWeTalkBroadway?
#7re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 1:27am

It's supposed to be good.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#8re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 3:20am

This looks like a book even Leem cood reed.

PEACE.

Jaynrand Profile Photo
Jaynrand
#9re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 4:56am

Hi Sueleen! Haven't talked to you in a long time!

I don't think it's in stock at Border's.

The WB website is probably the only place you can get it and get it in time for Christmas right now....and probably just today....but I think Bruce inscribes it for you if you get there. Link in my first post....

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#10re: Writer's Block by Bruce Kimmel
Posted: 12/18/04 at 3:38pm

Will he sign for the truly nasty people, as well as for the swell folks who post here?

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

Videos