Great Sondheim Interview

pab Profile Photo
pab
#0Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 2:30am

It's possible that someone may have posted this here, at some point, but I've not found it by doing a search so here goes:

It's a 90 minute interview of Sondheim (by Frank Rich) that can be viewed in its entirety on the internet.  It was filmed on stage at the Kennedy Center at the time of the 2002 Sondheim Festival.
Link

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#1re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:23am

thanks for sharing that!

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#2re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:46am

thanks so much!
this interview is brilliant! you learn so much!

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#3re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:15am

I love it re: Great Sondheim Interview

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#4re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:31am

I just keep getting a 2 minute sound bite...how do I access the whole thing

I DO have REal Player

I am helpless

pab Profile Photo
pab
#5re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 9:39am

Thanks guys, I found it at the Sondheim.com Community. It's an all (well, mostly all) Sondheim board and most of the people there actually have up-to-date and correct information about the man are quite passionate about his life and work.
Link

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

MichaelCassara Profile Photo
MichaelCassara
#6re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:02am

Yeah, me too - anyone know how to get the full 90 minutes? I just keep getting the bit where he praises his collaborators...

pab Profile Photo
pab
#7re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 2:33pm

The whole thing played fine for me. Make sure to check that the version of Real Player that you have is up-to-date.

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#8re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:09pm

I could never get tired listening to that man. Thanks heaps.

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#9re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:46pm

I don't know if this helps, but it requires Real Player 8.0

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#10re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:27pm

I have an account at Sondheim.com, but I never use it. For some reason I don't like it there. I hate it how they never update the main website. The home page hasn't changed, nor have the feature articles, in over a year.
But I'm there...paradoxerror.
:)

pab Profile Photo
pab
#11re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/30/04 at 9:18pm

I have Real Player 9 and 10 and it worked in both Versions. I also use a Mac so that might also account for not having any problems. re: Great Sondheim Interview

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/31/04 at 12:13am

Oh boy was I in Heaven!!! Thanks for sharing that! I was actually going to leave my place to go out for a drink. I stayed in and watched the whole interview. Loved the story about Mandy and Bernadette and the non-miking for "Sunday in the Park..." Also loved his thoughts on where theatre has been going.

Just give the world Love.

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#13re: Great Sondheim Interview
Posted: 12/31/04 at 2:54am

yeah. He's a facinating man. That is the most relaxed I have seen him in an Interview. Loved the giggles.

Videos