Kate Pazakis

parker russel
#0Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:33pm

Just got back from Kate Pazakis's show at the Duplex...if you guys have never heard this girl sing, go now! She is amazing. I've heard her sing a million times, but it was so great to see her in her own show. She's a great actress on top of that amazing voice and is hilariously funny. She does a parody of Defying Gravity about Bisexuality that is one of the funniest things i've heard recently. Even when its a parody she still sings that song better than any one else I've heard...yes, better than Idina. Thats how amazing this girl is.

Her show plays every Monday at 9:30 at the Duplex...GO! She also has a website with some sounds on it...

http://www.katepazakis.com
kate's website

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#1re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 12:22am

I was actually friends with Kate and lost contact with her. Last time I saw her was at a Hair audition and she was working at the Stardust. Thanks for the info. It would be great to see her again. She was a very talented singer when I knew her. I'll never forget her rendition of "There Goes the Ballgame". What an amazing voice this girl has.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

#2re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 3:05am

YES! I saw it tonight too. It was so SO funny.
I have heard her sing...FIERCE!. I never knew that she is also an amazing actress. She is HYSTERICAL. That girl popped out of the womb belting F's.
Yeah, The Wicked Parody is amazing. She also made me literally cry during the cybersex part of the show

She is hot too!

Seriously, she is going to be a huge star.
GO see her show.

#3re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 3:06am

Oh it is called THE SEXLESS YEARS!

PercyJohnson
#4re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 9:19am

I want to go. I saw her sing at the Duplex.

PercyJohnson
#5re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 3:27pm

thanks Parker

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#6re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 9:16pm

She was great. I saw her in Tom D'Angora's show not too long ago and was so excited to get some more of her! I think i saw her years ago as Sally Bowles in Cabaret too! Small world!

Damn that girl can sing!

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#7re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/11/05 at 9:22pm

Kate is incredible! I was able to use her in the Pippin Concert, but obviously not enough to show off her talents to their full extent. She's amazing, I hope to see her show soon!

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

peggysawyer
#8re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/12/05 at 3:46am

I'm so there next week. Can't wait to see the reviews!

sipos
#9re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/12/05 at 4:07am

Holy crap. She did "Poledancer/I Just Wanna Dance" in October when I was there with (forgive me, and he was great!) the pianist.

It was before I got the JStheO CD. I was like, "I HAVE to remember this Talk To The Ass song!"

It's voices like hers that make me want to move back to NY almost just so I can catch people like her late at night in the Village and beyond.

I will anyways

sipos
#10re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/12/05 at 10:13am

I think SHE'S a "Fanny Brice" in the rough.

peggysawyer
#11re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/12/05 at 4:26pm

What is Poledancer from?

peggysawyer
#12re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/12/05 at 4:27pm

What is Poledancer from?

holden Profile Photo
holden
#13re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/13/05 at 3:29am

Kate rocks! I'm really looking forward to seeing the show this coming Monday.

peggysawyer, Poledancer is from JERRY SPRINGER THE OPERA.

SweetPony Profile Photo
SweetPony
#14re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:01pm

I think I might love her a little bit.

"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who wait for things to happen, and those who wonder what happened." ANONYMOUS
Updated On: 1/14/05 at 02:01 PM

Fair 2 Middlin Profile Photo
Fair 2 Middlin
#15re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/18/05 at 1:30pm

I saw Kate's show last night at the Duplex. She was amazing! Stephen Schwartz was in the audience.

Go Kate!

Thank you so much Fair. You are such a "Bewitching" HUSSY! -(DAME 12/2)

peggysawyer
#16re: Kate Pazakis
Posted: 1/18/05 at 2:49pm

I was going to go last night but it was too cold. I will go next Monday for sure.