News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sipos

sipos Profile Photo
Member Name: sipos
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: .. Finding my grail

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Busker Alley
 Sep 30 2010, 02:03:31 PM
Saw it in Tampa. Really liked it. Darcie Roberts was fantastic in it!! Triple threat. I enjoyed this show then, knowing it was struggling. Would have loved a recording of the score with Tommy Tune, Darcie, Brent Barret, Marcia, and company.
Laura Bell Bundy performs on ACM Awards
 Apr 19 2010, 01:44:04 PM
*Sigh
Laura Bell Bundy performs on ACM Awards
 Apr 19 2010, 11:26:20 AM
Yup. To each his own. But know the "many people" and their sour words here often look like bad graffiti on this message board ... not often anything constructive.

I thought Laura was great last night. I was entertained.

Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video
 Jan 19 2010, 10:41:51 AM
I'll defend her. I really respect Laura Bell Bundy's talent. There's no denying that she's got it. To go out (and be able to branch out), make a record after Broadway , do something attached to her roots in country, is a great step for her. I would think this Board would be more proud or supportive of an actor who gets to do something like this. She looks fantastic in the video and the campiness of it is a pretty good ode and play with the style. It fits her, I think. I also believe Laura is a p
...the good sense to die
 Dec 9 2009, 02:12:20 PM
"Evil Woman" from Xanadu (I know it's really a duet, get someone to be Mary Martin).

OVER HERE! on Broadway?
 Dec 9 2009, 02:07:27 PM
Thank you ppc1979 ...
OVER HERE! on Broadway?
 Dec 6 2009, 01:55:06 AM
Wow. What's so "idiotic" about reviving Over Here!?
re: Best Musical Show Album Grammy Nominees
 Dec 3 2009, 11:33:29 AM
Shrek and 9 to 5 are not dreadful albums. Maybe the productions aren't adored across the boards, but those recordings are great. Rock of Ages is a great album too. I think it should have been among the nominees at least.
re: Best Musical Show Album Grammy Nominees
 Dec 3 2009, 07:55:31 AM
Hooray for all the shows! Happy to see 9 to 5 there. I agree about Next to Normal. Great show but not the BEST album out there.
re: 9 to 5 Tour: Yes or No?
 Nov 30 2009, 03:18:43 AM
9to5, in essence, should tour.

I thought 9to5 was excellent. It was really entertaining, had a tuneful Tony-nominated score, and any copying/recreating of the movie it's based on looked like a playful homage to it, not anything slavish.
How else to tell the story with the great dialogue people liked and related to (with the original)? The changes were cute and certainly didn't kill the show. Didn't like the movie, you say? Then yeah, you probably didn't/won't

re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Question
 Nov 26 2009, 12:02:07 AM
Thanks bway1261. I guess I meant to ask if anyone knows what time the shows will perform on CBS. I think if I remember, they're scattered throughout CBS's telecast. Just wish I knew times.
re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Question
 Nov 25 2009, 09:59:59 PM
What about CBS?
re: Smile the musical. Does any OBC recording exist?
 Nov 18 2009, 10:13:01 PM
I love the idea of a SMILE studio recording.
re: Are they going to record BYE BYE BIRDIE?
 Nov 14 2009, 01:37:49 AM
Merrily?

Merrily We Roll Along is one of my favorite musicals too. Why? I have no idea. But I love it. Cried my eyes out at an FSU production years ago. Michelle Pawk in the revival? Anyone?

Too bad about Birdie. Too bad. I just think it's the funnest show. That's right. I said funnest.

re: Are they going to record BYE BYE BIRDIE?
 Nov 13 2009, 12:35:57 PM
I'm good with the OBC recording too.
Are they going to record BYE BYE BIRDIE?
 Nov 13 2009, 02:08:51 AM
I was wondering if there are plans yet for a cast recording of the revival ...
re: Oh Dear
 Oct 30 2009, 10:36:16 PM
I think BroadwayWorld has officially found the next Carrie White for the revival of CARRIE.
re: This season's musical revivals...
 Oct 26 2009, 03:00:19 PM
Regardless of the production, Promises, Promises will be on the Tony's with nominations just because of the stars.
re: TOMMY TUNE'S BYE BYE BIRDIE
 Oct 10 2009, 12:00:51 AM
I loved Tommy Tune's Bye Bye Birdie. Marc Kudisch was so right as Conrad. Steve Zahn as Hugo was a standout too. Marilyn Cooper was a perfect Mae. Same with Susan Egan as Kim, and Jessica Stone (Frenchie!!) as Ursula. Ann Reinking was a very different Rose, I just didn't care for her vocals. Tommy Tune was fine, I adore his showmanship. Is that right to say? A true showman.
I remember an eye-popping Telephone Hour with the teens in either pjs or towels or something like that. They all looke

re: 9 to 5 Souvenir Brochure???
 Oct 5 2009, 04:24:28 PM
Oh wow! Thank you!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You