pixeltracker

OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.

OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.

rlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
#0RENT disucssion started by Paris "Video" Hilton
Posted: 11/18/03 at 4:53pm

THis thread started as a joke, but has since evolved into an in-depth disucssion of La Bohe...er, RENT. Read more, and partake of the delights that await you. Updated On: 11/19/03 at 04:53 PM

Deena Jones2
#1re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:28pm

Thanks for wasting our time jerk!

#2re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:29pm

she can barely walk and talk at the same time never mind sing...

anyone who thought this was true is a moron and needs to poke their head from under a playbill! Updated On: 11/18/03 at 05:29 PM

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#3re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:41pm

Scared us? I nearly shat myself when I heard that.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

broadwayguy2
#4re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:43pm

WELLLLLLLLLl...... IF she was, it'd be a step up.. the first SHE was in something rather than having something in her Updated On: 11/18/03 at 05:43 PM

#5re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:46pm

What the hell you talkin' bout' Bwayguy@(LOL)

broadwayguy2
broadwayguy2
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 5:55pm

...that dumb Who-tell.......

NEVER do that for a camera.. especially if you are a somewhat quasi almost F list celebrity AND your family got rich off of beds.......

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 6:00pm

WHEW...

ok i'm willing to admit it......you had me thinking "WHAT!??" for the half second it took for the post to open.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

broadwayguy2
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 6:02pm

Don't feel bad.. I had images of Jon larson spinning in his grave like a pig on a spit in my head

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 6:56pm

I wouldn't put anything past the casting and producing teams behind that show. NOTHING!

GirlfriendFromCanada
#12re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 7:01pm

Hey, you're not too far off.

UP FOR 'RENT'

WITH her "Simple Life" reality TV show about to air and a stint in rehab behind her, Nicole Richie is ready for Broadway. New York magazine reports the daughter of Lionel wants a role in "Rent." "She's being considered for the company," confirms casting director Bethany Berg. But Richie - who was arrested for heroin possession and once stabbed a man with a champagne flute - could make Jasmine Guy look reliable. "We never have insurance on actors," adds Berg.

That's from the nypost a couple of weeks ago. Never put anything past these people.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#13re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 7:05pm

Like I was saying..... as far as those particular casting and production teams are concerned, you just need to have your untalented, bloated mug on T.V. for 5 seconds and you'll be *groomed* into a Broadway star overnight. Reality television preferrably, hence, Frenchie from American Idol. Updated On: 11/18/03 at 07:05 PM

Princess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 7:13pm

Ok you scared me!! whew...good one LOL

"I wouldn't put anything past the casting and producing teams behind that show. NOTHING!"

Thats not very fair, is it? I still recpect the producers, but hey what do i know.

If Nicole Richie really is cast, well, at least she comes from a musically talented family! Dont know if she can sing, but thats an interesting article

GirlfriendFromCanada
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 7:19pm

No, I'd say it's fair. The longer I follow this show, the more corrupted it becomes. Being it's the only show I follow really closely, I can't say if it's just this one or if other shows follow similarly, but some of the decisions they make and the way they implement them definitely aren't too cool. And I'm not only talking about trying to cast "names".

StateOfJade
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 7:20pm

Thats not very fair, is it? I still recpect the producers, but hey what do i know.

Have you seen the current cast latley? I don't respect them at the moment- they're giving off the impression of being cheap bastards with the cast they have now.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
Princess MimiChica
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 8:50pm

"ave you seen the current cast latley? I don't respect them at the moment- they're giving off the impression of being cheap bastards with the cast they have now."

I havent been to the Nedder in over a year but I HAVE seen most of the current cast members, and I still don't know what everyons complaining about.
But hell, im done arguing. Some people like the cast, others obviosuly don't. But like I said, nobodys been funny satisfied with casting since the OBC left, but, whatever. I will continue to have love for Matt and Krystal and Seb and Cristina =))

broadwayguy2
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 8:57pm

having seen them a year ago and seeing them are two TOTALLY different things... performances can deteriorate

StateOfJade
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 9:10pm

I still don't know what everyons complaining about.

Shall I give you an example?
Krystal
Krystal
Frenchie (though she left)
The everchanging Rogers, none of which are all that exciting
Krystal
The weak ensemble
Krystal

And that about sums it up. I've found that all of the best people in the show happen to be swings. (Karmine, Sebastian, Joshua, Catrice.)

Princess MimiChica
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 9:37pm

ok I really have to ask, honestly, what is it about Krystal that you dislike so much? I know others arent crazy about her but i enjoyed her performance very much! I thougiht she was sexy and has a great voice. I kinda feel bad she has all this backlash against her

broadwayguy2
localonecrew
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: OMG -- Paris Hilton in talks to go into RENT! See article inside.
Posted: 11/18/03 at 9:47pm

i DO know these producers and if they thought the dog who played air bud would sell tickets they would hire him as roger. they dont care a whit about the integrity of the show. that is why tim weil and al larson wont even walk into the nederlander anymore.