Brian Stokes Mitchell

Victoria Grant Profile Photo
Victoria Grant
#0Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/19/03 at 9:31am

Any word as to what he might be working on next?

BroadwayKate
#1re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/19/03 at 9:41am

This is from his official website!

"Stokes will star in a workshop of “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” in early December. Directed by Jack O’Brien with music by David Yazbek (The Full Monty), the workshop will take place in early December for the creative team."

It also says that of course DRS is a Broadway hopeful!

Im looking forward to it! I love him, and his wife...who is going to have a baby soon!

kate

say the word...and i just might listen...
Updated On: 11/19/03 at 09:41 AM

BroadwayGypsy Profile Photo
BroadwayGypsy
#2re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 12:52am

There was a time when Broadway.com reported he *MIGHT* play Don Quixote in the tour of Man of La Mancha...=) But, I haven't heard anything since.

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#3re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 1:40am

I love everything he has done.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#4re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 9:43am

he is one of the best male talents on broadway. I adore him... but, will he still go on the road if alison is due anyday? she looks like shes going to pop lol.

#5re: re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 10:00am

When Brian was in Ragtime, I waited by the stagedoor to meet him afterwards. My dad was with me. When he came out my dad took a picture of him and I. It was us and his little dog he had brought with him. My dad took the shot and stated... "well there is the new amerircan family....a black man, a white man and their dog...." Brian roared with laughter and I almost died! I have never been to a show with my dad since.

(Of course, being gay and thinking BSM is a complete and total hottie! I would have no problem being in "that" family.)

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 11:40am

boxofficejon, that brings up a good idea for a post: BEST REASON TO LEAVE THE 'RENTS AT HOME

XING
PED

TEACHEROFTHEATER Profile Photo
TEACHEROFTHEATER
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 11:41am

Mr. Mitchell would be so much more effective and attractive if he did not come off as so feminine.

"MAY YOUR LIFE BE AS BRIGHT AS BROADWAY AT NIGHT"

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 11:44am

gotta disagree, TEACHER. The strength in him defies gender. It's a life force coupled with some great talent.

And i've heard the LA MANCHA tour is a no-go. Too expensive. Which disappoints me as i kept choosing other things in NYC because i thought the tour was a cinch (see my post on "Everyone loved it but you hated it..."). i hear that set was incredible.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

TEACHEROFTHEATER Profile Photo
TEACHEROFTHEATER
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 11:49am

Txtwostep, I think if he works on it more, his force can be greater if he simply learns to "butch up his act a bit." Entertainers have been told to do this for many, many years.

"MAY YOUR LIFE BE AS BRIGHT AS BROADWAY AT NIGHT"

Cadriel
#10re: Brian Stokes Mitchell
Posted: 11/20/03 at 12:00pm

A real shame about the La Mancha tour - BSM was brilliant on Broadway, and I'd love to see it without the cumbersome set that seemed so unnecessary next to the brilliant performances happening on stage.

-Wayne

Videos