Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:30pm

It is expensive to buy right now. re: Woman in White cast recording
But I want it very much

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#4re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:33pm

I noticed that, about $34 bucks. Eeep!

Which number has a woman singing "The Woman in White, The Woman in White" over and over. It was played at during a radio interview with Andrew Llyod Webber.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#5re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:36pm

It's worth the cost.

Ask for it for Valentine's Day or Easter or your birthday, whichever comes first.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#6re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:37pm

I get presents for 1/3 of those holidays...lol.

EponineThenardier
#7re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:39pm

I don't really celebrate Easter and Valentines Day (don't have a B-friend at the moment), I ask for my birthday

Thesbijean
#8re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:42pm

I just got it, and I will let you all know how to get it cheap. Go to amazon.co.uk and order it. it is about 11 pounds there, which is about $20, plus about 2 pound sshipping, which is $4, is, well, much much better than like $40. Get it, it is amazing

Caleb
#9re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:54pm

Eponine, the song you heard in the interview is, I think, a pop arrangement of a song that isn't even in the show. The musical material of the song appears in various forms throughout the show, but not in the James Bond arrangement that I bet you heard.

I have the CDs and I like them, although the orchestrations are, in my opinion, horrible and laughable. Very unfortunate when the music is so strong.

EponineThenardier
#10re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 4:56pm

Thanks for the tip Thesbijean. :)

Caleb, really? Hmm. And I was listening to clipets off Amazon.com and I agree the orechestrations are pretty bad

LittleAngelMaker Profile Photo
LittleAngelMaker
#11re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 5:09pm

The WIW soundtrack is worth the money. I've had my copy in the CD player since mid December. I may have to buy another copy soon!

jim Profile Photo
jim
#12re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 5:46pm

I agree! it's great. I bought the cast album before seeing the show. Listening to the album did give away some major plot points so take that into consideration. However, I do feel that familiarizing myself with the score added to the enjoyment of seeing the production over Christmas holidays.
Footlight and amazon.com have this for sale. I would think that the album will get a US release closer to the fall opening in NY

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#13re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 7:08pm

LOVE it!!! Get it right now. The "Woman in white" over and over thing is actually ALW and the producer of the show doing it. It is not in the recording at all. It was just this spooky intro thing for the website that they did. If you do not like it, don't worry. But, yes.......AMAZING!!!!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Sally Profile Photo
Sally
#14re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:07pm

I like the cast recording and enjoy it even more now that I have seen the show. As many of you know, it was recorded live with the applause and stage noise removed.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#15re: Woman in White cast recording
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:48pm

Also, the CD features a bonus track of "You Can Get Away with Anything", which had to be re-recorded because the laughs, cheers and applause were too loud to edit out.

Videos