Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#0Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:33pm

Come on, dish. What's the scoop on their break-up? Are they seperated? Divorced? Who gets the kid? Will they still be colloborating professionally?

Yankeefan007
#1re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:34pm

Frank is currently dating Pamela Jordan, one of the vampire chicks in Dracula.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:13pm

Wow, he didn't waist any time.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Brandon Profile Photo
Brandon
#3re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:16pm

How Old is he?

Is it written in the stars are we paying for some crime is that all that we are good for just a strand of mortal time-AIDA THE MUSICAL

FosseBoi
#4re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:22pm

When/why did all of this stuff happen? If they dont collaborate, then Linda can kiss A LOT of things that has made her what she is boodbye!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#5re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:49pm

No, Frank can kiss a lot of things that made HIM what he is goodbye!

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

#6re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:05pm

They seperated about 4-6 months ago if memory serves....
I always thought they were an odd pairing.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#7re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:09pm

"No, Frank can kiss a lot of things that made HIM what he is goodbye!"

MOST definitly. He stands to lose alot more from the break-up than she does.

FosseBoi
#8re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:15pm

True. But will it be hard for her to find some ppl to work on hercds, providing she has any more?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

hak Profile Photo
hak
#9re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:29pm

At one of Linda's recent concerts, Frank was told he wasn't welcome backstage. So, I'm guessing they won't work together anytime soon.

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#10re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:32pm

Wow, this is shocking news. She always spoke so fondly of him during her concerts.

I wonder who she will begin dating? She seems to have a very close relationship with her band / orchestra director.

If he left her, she deserves better ... good luck to her!

p.s. Can't wait to see her in Chicago in February!

Peter
#11re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:33pm

Wrong FosseBoi. She already is working on a new CD, and has started adding non-Frank original songs to her concerts.

I think a good argument could be made that Wildhorn held her back. I do know David Foster was interested in collaborating with her, and if she decided to branch out rather than spend 10 years of her life working on J&H, I believe she would have become a far more successful recording artist.
Updated On: 1/30/05 at 02:33 PM

#12re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:40pm

Many people said that if she had not been so tried to Frank she could have had more popularity. She enjoyed it while she did but it is time for her to move on and get things going. She could do another theater cd or a pop oriented one.

She will continue to survive by her talent ALONE

FosseBoi
#13re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:51pm

I wish she would do another Bway cd! I loved her other one!

Thanks for this info! I never new about most of this stuff.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#14re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:00pm

Anyone else getting images of Andrew Llyod Webber and Sarah Brightman when they were reading this?

"Talented singer marries ugly songwriter/composer. Composer writes musical for her. She becomes famous. They split."

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#15re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:07pm

I am thrilled they broke up. I think he held her back. I was really tired of hearing his songs on her cds. Now perhaps there will be some diversity in her musical choices. Additionally, she should've been back on Broadway really quickly after Jekyll. I always thought she would've made a great Aldonza in Man of La Mancha revival.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

#16re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:57pm

Again I must comment about this.
Linda Eder's talent has nothing to do with Frank Wildhorn's

I have loved some of Frank's music that she has done. Some of his songs are amazing. Most of it has been his older stuff. VIENNA, EVEN NOW, GOLD, SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN are just a few of the best tunes she could have ever done.

But after a while, she needs to stretch out a little. I am wondering how well she could/would do with a Diane Warren tune. Or how about something written by Jim Steimman. Or could you see her doing a Joni Mitchell song? I would love to see her do Both Sides Now.

Frank Wildhorn will continue to make his musicals. And when he gets some new things to breath life into he will make another name for himself.

ChicagoBwayFan
#17re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:59pm

Vienna has always been one of Linda's most emotional numbers during her concerts - I wonder how she will approach the song now that they are separated?

#18re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:10pm

Vienna is one of the most beautiful songs in the world. I bet the songs is still as wonderful. I mean, do you really think she would be able to not sing that song. Her obsessive fans (me included) would be so upset if she did not sing it at her concerts.

ChicagoBwayFan
#19re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:25pm

Of course I don't think she will exclude Vienna from her concerts - it's her theme song whether for a normal or Christmas concert.

It's just that for her personally, it has to be an even more emotional song for her to perform now since it was written as a result of them falling in love.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#20re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 7:48pm

For the record,which was mentioned in a recent interview, Linda is living at the farm in Westchester with her son Jake. And Frank is in the middle of several projects with different people. When they want to disclose more, they will.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 2/2/05 at 07:48 PM

Expressboy69
#21re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:09pm

Linda is going to be in 'Chicago'?

apdarcey
#22re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:21pm

expressboy that was my first reaction too!

ChicagoBwayFan
#23re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:06pm

The city of Chicago! In February - and I have a ticket for the second row!

ChicagoBwayFan
#24re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:07pm

LOL @ PB ENT preaching to us about gossip, and then giving us the gossip on where/what each one is doing!

Videos