Should I Give It Another Shot?

Angel Dumott Schunard
#0Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:23pm

I've rented Hedwig and the Angry Inch recently and was not at all impressed. I thought it was bizarre and stupid, overall. I really want to like this musical, so should I buy the cast recording? I have only heard great things about it, so I want to give it another shot. What do you guys think?

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#1re: Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:28pm

Yeah give it a try, alot of the times the musical version can be fantastic even if the movie wasnt that great and vice versa. The stage version soundtrack is amazing, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Johnnytoc
#2re: Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:34pm

I agree with Dreamcatcher; give it another try.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#3re: Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:42pm

I really loved the movie.
And I usually despise the movie version of musicals.
I think this, My Fair Lady, and West Side Story might be the only exceptions.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#4re: Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:44pm

My fave song from that is Wig in A Box.

The first time it was on cable, i tried to watch it, but couldn't get through the first ten minutes. Then, a year later, i was flipping through the channels, and I caught it in the middle and fell in love with it. I still haven't seen it all the way through, but I love seeing my friend (Ted Kozinski) in that film. (He's one of the guitarists.)

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#5re: Should I Give It Another Shot?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:52pm

yes give it another shot!!!!!!! I love that movie (have not seen the show unfortunatelly). so yeah give it another shot for zippy!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Videos