Linda Eder in Chicago tonight

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#0Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 12:30am

Just returned from seeing Linda Eder perform in Chicago this evening with the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra. Each time I see her in concert, I don't think she can possibly get any better but she always does.

Noticed for the first time tonight that her voice sometimes resembles Judy Garland's voice. Linda even mentioned Judy Garland as being one of the most influential people in her life, and then sang one of Judy's songs (wish she would have sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow!).

Vienna was, as always, her most exceptional number of the evening.

WildhornFanatic
#1re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 12:55am

Linda has gotten better every time I've seen her.

I think "Gold" and "What's Never Been Done Before" both from CAMILLE CLAUDEL are her most amazing songs.

Did you enjoy them?

- Michael

#2re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 12:56am

I heard her sing "What's Never Been Done Before" for the first time in Las Vegas in December, it was AMAZING! Her acting blew me away.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 1:02am

I wish I could have been there tonight, but I had a required orchestra concert to attend instead re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Ebonic_Singer
#4re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 3:03am

I saw her a few weeks ago. The acoustics were terrible but she was very personable, funny, and, as always, extraodinary.

Aphexis Profile Photo
Aphexis
#5re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 8:06am

WildornFanatic - I agree with you 100%....those songs are wonderful! And....she does get better every time!

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#6re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 10:39am

Is she singing less Wildhorn these days?

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

WildhornFanatic
#7re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 1:18pm

Yes, Linda is singing less Wildhorn, but she continues to perform the 2 from CAMILLE CLAUDEL, "Vienna," "If I Had My Way," and during the Christmas season, "Bells of St. Paul."

I doubt she will ever sing "Someone Like You" again because Frank Wildhorn wrote the song TO her. Even though it says the lyrics were written by Leslie Bricusse, it was Frank who wrote the music and lyrics.

I hope CAMILLE CLAUDEL can get to Broadway because it's Frank's best score and Linda has been working on her acting. I heard a rumor that she's been taking voice lesssons which would explain why her voice has been even better than before. Anyone know if that's true?

- Michael

ChicagoBwayFan
#8re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 3:06pm

Linda sang "Someone Like You" in Chicago last evening.

WildhornFanatic
#9re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:02pm

Did she really? Did she perform any other Wildhorn numbers? What was her reason for singing "Someone Like You?"

- Michael

ChicagoBwayFan
#10re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:27pm

Yes, she did. Not sure what her reason was, other than the fact that it's a beautiful song - like Vienna, and nobody can sing it like she can.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#11re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:29pm

I agree that Linda has a terrific voice. I have seen her perform once - in a Holiday concert with the Atlanta Symphony a couple of years back. I have tickets to see her in a very small venue - a 350 seat theatre (I'll be in the third row!) - in April. I'm looking forward to that show! Updated On: 2/13/05 at 04:29 PM

#12re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:33pm

jungle, intimate places like that are seriously the best way to see her... it'll be awesome.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#13re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:38pm

Elvis - I know it will be a wonderful experience! I'll post my review after the show.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#14re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:40pm

I hope Camille Claudel makes it to NY. I saw it at the Goodspeed and was amazed at her acting. This was a 15 row theatre and she was right there with real tears. She was amazing.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#15re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:41pm

When I saw her in ny a few months ago she a new song from her "new secret alubm" that is coming out the end of feb early march. It definitely sounded like a cut song from Dracula. Everyone in the audience suspected that she is Mina on the concept recording of Dracula. So I do not know that I would consider her to be singing "less Wildhorn songs" she is just mixing in other composers now as well.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

#16re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:42pm

Umgeo, what song was that?

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#17re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:44pm

ugh I forget the name it was a few months ago. But it was a love song that talked about days, and the future. I can't remember exactly now, and there is no song list in the playbill. But she announced it was a secret album that was done being recording and was inthe mixing stages.

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

#18re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:47pm

I remember she talked about the album, but she didn't sing anything specifically from it. She sang 2 new songs that were probably called "Baby You're The One" and "Lifted." She also did a cover song called "If I Could." They were all amazing.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#19re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:48pm

No it was a different part of the concert then the 2 new songs by a different composer. It was the part when she was talking about how normally at this time of year she would be touring with her new album but it wasnt out yet and the album was a secret. Then she sang a song from it.

Did you see her at tilles center on li?

Thesbijean
#20re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:51pm

I love her...where is she...come back to Broadway in a show...

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#21re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:53pm

When Camille Claudel finally gets backers to bring her and the show to broadway.

#22re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 4:56pm

I didn't see her at the same concert... I saw her in Las Vegas. She actually sang a song from the album? Everyone on her message board is painstakingly trying to guess who the album is a tribute to. I doubt Camille will make it to broadway. She didn't sound very optimistic about it in December. I wish it would, her performance of "What's Never Been Done Before" was unbelievable.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#23re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 5:00pm

I would love for Camille Claudel to make it but it probably will not make it.

From the concert in ny she really made it sound as if the new album was the Dracula concept recording. I may be wrong, but the song sounded as if it was one of the 4-5 songs cut from the show that are now being added back in. And as much as they are divorced you know Wildhorn would do anyhting for Linda, including using her on the concept recording.

#24re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
Posted: 2/13/05 at 5:01pm

I recently heard Linda in a Chicago radio interview. She said the album is a tribute to a performer who has never had one before. The album will probably come out in September.

Videos