the vampire lestat

buddhaismymom Profile Photo
buddhaismymom
#0the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 6:47pm

ive done some searching but so far all i can find is people offering their opinions...what id like to know is if the musical is still happening, and if so, when? any more info would be wonderful..

"we're actors- we're the opposite of people" -Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#1re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 8:36pm

I follow Elton John's career pretty closely, and all I can tell you right now is that I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled. Three months or so ago, Elton's lyricist Bernie Taupin said that he would be devoting most of his time to this show in 2005.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#2re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 8:57pm

My name's Bernie!!

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. No one shares my name.

timote316
#3re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 8:59pm

lol MFL.

I hope this happens, and hits Broadway with the lead that is attatched to it. Michael Arden needs to be back on Broadway.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#4re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 9:26pm

Whoops, sorry Bernie! Next time I'll just refer to him as Taupin. re: the vampire lestat

apdarcey
#5re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/14/05 at 11:44pm

i didn't know michael arden was attached to this. i hope it comes because i think elton john is an extremely gifted theatre composer. i loved aida's score. but i think he'll have to finish billy elliot first, no?

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#6re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/15/05 at 12:59am

Elton John is, indeed, an extremely gifted composer. His scores are incredible.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#7re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/15/05 at 1:29am

I dont so much think Michael is attached persay. He certainly may be approached if it happens, but although he was the first person to play in the role, a more recent reading did not involve michael,maybe he was busy, and asked and turned it down, i dont know the details, but I know he wasn't in it.

Also he wasnt the lead, he'd get a featured actor category, but would be nice to see him on b'way.

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#8re: the vampire lestat
Posted: 2/15/05 at 4:56am

In his bio in the London Bat Boy programme, Devon May said that he was attached the project, though I've no idea which role. Obviously, Elton John is busy with Billy Elliot at the moment, but once that's up and running in May, I imagine he'll be able to devote much more time to Lestat this year . . .

Videos