pixeltracker

Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link

Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link

paris27 Profile Photo
paris27
#0Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:12pm

Saw Spamalot on 3/3 and thought it was fantastic. My face hurt at the end from laughing so hard! Sara Ramirez did stand out as the Lady of the Lake....she was very funny and has a fantastic voice. All the leads were great...I'm a Tim Curry fan and thought he was great as King Arthur. Hank Azaria had him cracking up a few times....during the French Taunter scene and the Knights that say Ni scene as well. All seemed to be having a grand old time on stage. I also thought Christian Borle, Michael McGrath and Christopher Sieber were teriffic as well!

We went out after the show and were first out for the stage door...got most autographs on my playbill and my friend took a picture of me with Tim. Later I went and got a can of the Spamalot Spam and we went back on Saturday and got it autographed and got some more pictures as well. Also that night we saw Liza Minelli come out of the play and into the stage door. Didn't get to snap a pic of her though.

We talked to some folks who absolutely loved it and had never seen the movie...so that really didn't seem to be a factor for them.

Here's a link to some of the photos I took....

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=9qubyqa.126zobbq&x=0&h=1&y=-1metbc

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:14pm

Am I the only one that when I post a review, I actually review the show? I want to know what people think of the SHOW, not just the performers and what color winter cap Tim Curry had on at the stage door...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

brdlwyr
#2re: Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:21pm

Munk - I find your reviews insightful. I also found Paris’ account of a night at Spamelot interesting and worth the few seconds that it took to read it.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#3re: Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:22pm

can someone please explain how they handle the black knight?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#4re: Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:56pm

Jon, check your PMs.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#5re: Spamalot 3/3/05 Review and picture link
Posted: 3/7/05 at 12:01am

Paris, I'm so glad you had a much fun as I did at Spamalot.

Videos