SONG HELP

another_day_2day
#0SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:12pm

Hello folks, i need to choose a song i need to perform for my singing class in two weeks. I am a male, 18 years old, baritone but can hit higher notes if need be. I am looking for something contemporay that is dramatic, a song to really act on not just sing through it. Nothing to upbeat or funny. I want to find something not that well known so i can bring something new to the class. Thanks! Updated On: 4/3/05 at 05:12 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:15pm

"Unusual Way" from NINE
"Lesson #7" from SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
"September Song" from KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#2re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:19pm

your request requires more information - what is your age, sex, vocal range and "type"? All that has to be taken into account before anyone can offer suggestions, don't you agree?

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

another_day_2day
#3re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:21pm

yes i realized this after the fact thats why ive been updating my message..sorry

i am a male 18 years of age vocal range is baritone but i could hit higher notes if need be..im the romantic type so maybe some unrequited love songs...anything in my range and sex i will check out...thankss

contemporay, drama
Updated On: 4/3/05 at 05:21 PM

munkustrap178
#4re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:21pm

Is your edit due to my "Unusual Way" response? This song is not gender specific, so it doesn'T matter, and it's not THAT well known.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

another_day_2day
#5re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:23pm

nope nothing to do with your comment..i actually fixed it before i saw yours...just realized that info was missing

ill definatly check those songs out thou..thanks

another_day_2day
#6re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:03pm

Updated On: 4/3/05 at 06:03 PM

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#7re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:06pm

How about "The Kid Inside" from Is There Life After High School? It is a great baritone song, and is beautiful, with a lot of emotions that you can play with. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#8re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:08pm

"Anytime (I Am There)" by William Finn. Norm Lewis does a killer version on INFINITE JOY.

munkustrap178
#9re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:22pm

"Sailing" from A NEW BRAIN

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#10re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:28pm

One Song Glory..from RENT...if your icon is true then this should prove to be no problem

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

another_day_2day
#11re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 6:48pm

icon is true...except ive heard that song 30 times in my singing class alreday.....great song thou re: SONG HELP

MusicMan
#12re: SONG HELP
Posted: 4/3/05 at 7:04pm

Depending on your type, you might want to consider PROUD LADY
(THE BAKER'S WIFE) if you're a leading man or MARRY ME (THE RINK) if you're a character actor.

Videos