Revivals That You Want

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#0Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 8:37pm

What show do you think should be revived within the next five years? (It has to have been closed for at least 10 years) I think that The Secret Garden and Pal Joey should have a revival.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 8:39pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=844578&dt=040305051341

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
My Fair Lady
#3re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 8:56pm

Dammit! The one time I forget to search...

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#4re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:00pm

I DEMAND A REVIVAL OF PROMISES, PROMISES!!! NOW!!!!

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#5re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:02pm

ZANNA DON'T
and
BARE!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#6re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:05pm

since i missed the other thread- west side story, hair, Hedwig or rocky horror. i don't think that the last two closed less than ten years ago but i really want to see them live!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

My Fair Lady
#7re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:07pm

Tartaglia-It has to have been closed for at least 10 years. Plans for Zanna have been made, but it wouldn't be a revival. And neither would Bare if it were brought to Broadway.

By the way, I hope that didn't sound rude.

My Fair Lady
#8re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:07pm

Tartaglia-It has to have been closed for at least 10 years. Plans for Zanna have been made, but it wouldn't be a revival. And neither would Bare if it were brought to Broadway.

By the way, I hope that didn't sound rude.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#9re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:23pm

I will reiterate:

Pal Joey

Vera Simpson-Patti LuPone
Joey Evans-Hugh Jackman
Melba Snyder-Karen Ziemba
Gladys Bumps-Melissa Errico or Susan Egan
Linda English-Kerry Butler

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#10re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:43pm

Company!! Just so I can see it on Broadway!

I would say Sweeney Todd, but that's getting a revival and the revival of Pacific Overtures just closed (too prematurely if you as me!)

I second Secret Garden as well.

and MEF, that's an awesome cast list, I'd definatly go see PAL JOEY with that cast!

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

melissa errico fan
#11re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:47pm

Thank you. But COMPANY doesn't need to be revived again. It was revived-brilliantly, at that-less than ten years ago. It's too soon.

staticradar
#12re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:05pm

well it was revived in 95 and this is 2005 so that was 10 years ago...i know doesn't seem lik that long ago LOL...I'm just saying that I missed it when it was revived and I missed the Kennedy Center and I just want to see it live! So yeah it's purely selfish why I want it revived!

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#13re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:06pm

The Wild Party, as long as I am listening to it...

apdarcey
#14re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:06pm

i'll tell you what show needs to be revived. sunday in the park with george. at the roundabout. limited engagement in studio 54. with raul. and melissa errico.

tell me i'm wrong. just try.

Joshua488
#15re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:08pm

WEST SIDE STORY

staticradar
#16re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:08pm

apdarcey you are so not wrong! That would rock and would definatly merit a trip to NYC just to see it!

Joshua488
#17re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:10pm

I'd go see it. As long as Melissa Errico is not in it.

Okay, that's a little harsh. I'd see it if she was in it. I'd just rather she wasn't. Updated On: 4/3/05 at 10:10 PM

apdarcey
#18re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:10pm

after sweeney you think? the roundabout will need to do a new sondheim. i want them to get through them all and culminate in the new york premiere of bounce!

melissa errico fan
#19re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:11pm

Have you seen Melissa as Dot? She's f*cking amazing.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#20re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:12pm

i'll tell you what show needs to be revived. sunday in the park with george. at the roundabout. limited engagement in studio 54. with raul. and melissa errico.

tell me i'm wrong. just try.

You are wrong.

It should be headlined by Melissa.

Joshua488
#21re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:12pm

EDIT: Let me just get rid of that before I get cussed out. Updated On: 4/3/05 at 10:12 PM

apdarcey
#22re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:16pm

um. joshua. you are crazy my boy. i think it will be very hard for anyone to play that role after bernadette. but melissa, if anyone, is the one to play it. you cannot base what she can do off of dracula. please.
thenardier. HA. they can co-headline.

melissa errico fan
#23re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:18pm

When Melissa played the role in DC, she received rave reviews. I'm not trying to start an argument. Just stating the facts.

KTonBway
#24re: Revivals That You Want
Posted: 4/4/05 at 1:43pm

Chess...all the way. And it would be awesome if they got the people from the BCEFA Concert to do it. They were all really talented and I think the show would do much better now.

Videos