American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events

American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 2:59pm

In my twisted world, this is like superbowl season!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#3re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 3:01pm

It really is Emcee, at least there are others of us in the same twisted world. I'm excited about the nominations and the snubs, think of all the excitement we will be having on these boards.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 3:04pm

Last year was my first Tony season on the boards. 'twas... interesting.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#5re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 3:06pm

It scares me a little.
Ok, it scares me a lot.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#6re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 3:10pm

Ugh, I could have been there - but NO they had to go and get greedy and increase the ticket price. My cousins will be there though.

And hey, I was there one year at least!

musical medea Profile Photo
musical medea
#7re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 3:57pm

hey where can i get info on tickets for the tonys? my friend and are want to come up from florida to see them, but i didnt see anything about tickets to the public. please help! tony season is my fav of the year...it is just ahead of college football season :)

Plum
#8re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 4:05pm

See, I think football fans are the twisted ones, but that's just me. And of course, I have 2 3-hour finals on the day they announce the nominations, so I'll probably be too brain-dead to care. :)

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#9re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 6:59pm

Well as a broadway and sports fan, I see both sides. Though I prefer baseball to football, the World Series to Superbowl...plus if the game is boring or like last year where I hated both teams with a passion and instead watched an Andrew Lloyd Webber Concert in China...but yeah this is definitely like the superbowl for me, but probably the first year I would put it that highly up. This shall be my first Tonys on the board, should be interesting.

About getting tickets for the Tonys, now I went to the Daytime Emmys twice so I know it's certainly cool going to these things...but particularly with the Tonys I'm not sure I understand one's desire to go. At least in my case, I will be seeing performances from shows I've already seen, probably from a closer seat and having the oppertunity to see people I could see just as closely from the stage door. Just my humble opinion, definitely can't wait to watch them!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Chrysanthemum62001
#10re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
Posted: 4/25/05 at 8:42pm

FIFTEEN DAYS! Oh my god, this is so exciting.

Tickets go on sale through ticketmaster the morning of announcements. They are not cheap.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos