Into the Woods

gavrochegirl
#0Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 8:35pm

I'm going to see it in a week...any opinons so I know I'm prepared? I haven't seen it.

What the puck?!

musicnmath
#1re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 8:55pm

fun, fun show. if you don't already know sondheim, pay attention to those lyrics!! have a great time :)

Elizabeth_DeBris
#2re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 9:00pm

I love this show SO much. Review it for us! Anyway, yes: listen to the lyrics. It's fun, but it's not COMPLETELY fun- there are dark elements. Did that make sense? Err... yeah, have a good time!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 9:04pm

A great show that I have seen on stage many times, but never been as satisfied as I was with the Original Broadway Cast.

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#4re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 10:54pm

Bobby - I definitely agree with you on the original cast... following Bernadette, Joanna and Chip - who would you rank next? Just curious... TYVM!

"Not a day goes by..."

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#5re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 11:06pm

I really don't like the revival OBC... I realized how much I took the original OBC for granted when I heard the revival. I think that it would be really weird for me to hear anything except for the OBC, as a couple others have mentioned.

If anything, I would try and read a synposis first if you don't knwo the storyline very well... I honestly didn't like it the first time I saw it, but now I love it. (again, the OBC)

sorry, I bet that didn't help at all ~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 11:10pm

I don't think you should read a synopsis at all. The first time I saw it I loved the twists and turns that the plot takes - don't ruin it.

And the show really isn't all that FUN. There's a much darker theme...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#7re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/7/05 at 11:57pm

I agree...don't read ahead..enjoy the show as it unfolds before you.

I loved the show and the OBC actors. Joanna Gleason was fantastic as the Baker's wife.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

Falsettoland Profile Photo
Falsettoland
#8re: Into the Woods
Posted: 5/8/05 at 12:08am

Just enjoy it. It's an amazing show.

"We are engaged in two wars, one on drugs and one on terror, that can never be won. I mean, one is a group of inanimate objects and the other is an emotion. We might as well fight a war on pasta, which I guess the Atkins people are actually doing."

Videos