Help me find a show?

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#0Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 4:24pm

I am a high school musical director and need your help.
We were planning on doing Peter Pan and were just denied the rights. Any ideas for a show with a female lead and just a few strong supporting parts (like 1 or 2 males, and 1 or 2 females)? Unfortunately many kids graduated and we do not have a lot of strong voices this year. It also should incorporate about 20 chorus parts. Thanks for the help!

"there are people in our lives who change us in a way that nobody else can, and it's not necessarily the people you expect," Menzel

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#1re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 4:26pm

WHat about Seussical?

We just had the same problem at our High School..Seussical worked out well.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#2re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 4:45pm

Tell me more! I currently have the perusal and am considering Seussical. But, I worry about the 3-4 female birds! Did you have strong voices or did they just blend well enough to cover the parts?

"there are people in our lives who change us in a way that nobody else can, and it's not necessarily the people you expect," Menzel

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 4:53pm

Grease.
Fiorello.
Guys and Dolls.
Mame!!!!

DefyGravity23
#4re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 5:35pm

Beauty and the Beast? But then again you'd need a pretty good guy for the beast.

Sound of Music or Guys and Dolls might work. Starmites perhaps? You'd need two strong females though and a few guys that could handle comedy and some singing - and it's a really strange musical. Most shows that I can think of right now need a lead male as well as female.

I'll come back if I think of anything better.

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#5re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 5:46pm

Thanks!

DefyGravity23
#6re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 5:56pm

I thought of one more! Thoroughly Modern Millie. I don't know a WHOLE lot about the parts in it but there's definetely a distinct lead female role.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#7re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 6:10pm

Miss Dorothy, Trevor Graydon and Jimmy have to have great voices.

GonnaBeGalinda
#8re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 6:37pm

the pajama game

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#9re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/9/05 at 6:41pm

My Fair Lady
The Pajama Game
Sweet Charity
Hello, Dolly!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#10re: Help me find a show?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:56am

Again, thanks!
I will check them out.

Videos