pixeltracker

Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run

Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#0Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 6:53pm

From BWW News Desk:

"At 1094 performances, Movin' Out will surpass fellow dance musicals Contact and Fosse in its long run; the other musicals respectively played 1010 and 1093 performances. The dance musical will reach this landmark performance on June 11th."

CONGRATS to MOVIN' OUT! A show with one of the most thrilling and hard working ensembles on Broadway! Here's to 1000 more!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=3556

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Raggy Q poo
#2re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 7:30pm

I saw movin' out last saturday and I thought it was just ok, onlu because I thought you could have just popped in a billy joel CD. Now, yes-I know the point is the dancing which was wonderful but still, I don't know- I just like other shows better. The only show I didn't like more than Movin' Out was Little Women, except for Sutton re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run

People like you are the reason I'm on medication.

friesgirl Profile Photo
friesgirl
#3re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 7:51pm

Congrats to the cast and crew!

I love this show, and even though I liked it the first time, it really grows on you on repeat viewings. The dancing is fantastic, but the subtleties the dancers give to the characterizations of their roles is equally mesmerizing and touching.

And to see an OBC in a show, three years into its run, still as enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated as they were the day it opened--such a refreshing thing to see. John Selya, Elizabeth Parkinson, Keith Roberts, Ashley Tuttle, and Benjamin Bowman STILL dance the hell out of their roles, and Michael Cavanaugh still sings the hell out of those songs. Being able to see it again, after the initial viewing awed by the dancing, really allows the viewer (IMO) to understand the story and appreciate all that they are truly doing up on that stage. And given its format, you can pick up on something on second or third viewing you didn't notice in the first...but this show requires an intuitive and observant audience. It's not a show that tells you exactly what's going on, it requires the audience to think and infer and interpret...and I love that it uses dance to do that. Serious, mindblowing, emotional, and legitimate choreography. Many would rather see the turn, together, clap that was the "Find your grail" Spamalot number. (I have not seen Spamalot, so I'm not dissing the entire show's choreography, just the one I saw on the Tonys).

But, that's just my opinion.
Updated On: 6/9/05 at 07:51 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#4re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:48pm

Movin' Out is a tasteful and exhilarating piece of theatre. It has a plot and is definitely more powerful than just popping in a Billy Joel CD. It is a moving and mind blowing piece of art.

I hope it continues for years.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Elizadoolittle6
#5re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:52pm

I don't know why!!!! I'm sorry but some of the worst choreographed dancing in the entire history of bway. I'll take fosse any day. Sorry Twyla I'm not impressed. I'm more impressed that dance members can stand being in that show and not commit suicide after the first month.

THIS SHOW SHOULD HAVE CLOSED AFTER THE FIRST MONTH OF OPENING. The only thing that saves it is the music.
And it tries to call itself a Musical. HA!!!!!!!!!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#6re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:54pm

LMAO

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#7re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:50pm

Yay for Movin' Out! I loved it.

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

Changed_for_the_better Profile Photo
Changed_for_the_better
#8re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
Posted: 6/22/05 at 10:19pm

I thought that Michael Cavanaugh's contract was up at the end of June. Seems doubtful that he would renew after 3 years.

Any inside scoop?

Videos