News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for friesgirl

friesgirl Profile Photo
Member Name: friesgirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
 Aug 1 2006, 12:30:32 PM
No Curtis Holbrook picture? Isn't he a council member?
re: Most Memorable Moment in Theatre, 2005
 Dec 28 2005, 07:47:38 PM
The final performance of "Movin' Out" and Billy Joel's impromptu mini concert at curtain as the cast danced on stage. Incredible.
re: Good Bye Movin Out
 Dec 12 2005, 01:35:25 AM
I was there for the final show, and what an incredibly moving and passionate performance from everyone involved. "Goodnight Saigon" is always poignant, but tonight, it was extremely powerful.

The performance today, showed above all else, how well that cast worked together and their commitment to that show over its entire run (even if injuries or other temporary projects got in the way). Never have I seen a cast that genuinely physically and emotionally committed to a show after doin

re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
 Sep 21 2005, 09:19:31 PM
I just hope the rest of the cast has as much luck as Cheyenne getting jobs after this show, they are all super talented.
re: All Shook Up Plea
 Sep 16 2005, 11:45:44 PM
I really enjoyed this show, it's a shame it's not doing as well as it should. The cast gives so much energy and the show is so fun.

I'm still pissed it didn't get a nom for choreography! I love the "C'mon Everybody" number.

re: Adam Pascal Quote in NYTimes: Ew, Ew, Ew!
 Sep 4 2005, 10:39:05 PM
"Broadwaygirl, I appreciate where you're coming from, but even the non-actors have some understanding of what good acting is, especially those of us involved in other art forms that require an understanding of human behavior and interpretation."

I could not agree more. There are plenty of actors, trained as well, that have no idea what good acting is. Just as there are many that do. It's more about observation than anything else.

re: Adam Pascal Quote in NYTimes: Ew, Ew, Ew!
 Sep 4 2005, 10:06:04 PM
How I read this quote was that he actually sounded reluctant to have to make the leap into film, that he exhausted most of his possibilities of doing something he wanted to do, rather than just took for the sake of keeping up his resume.

Perhaps I'm being too nice, I don't know what he felt when he said it, but the fact that he said "I have to go into film" makes it sound like its a secondary option for him. Not "I'd rather" or "I'd prefer" but "I have to." I think it's unfair to judge

re: MOVIN OUT is still Extraordinary
 Sep 3 2005, 09:07:38 PM
If this show were on DVD, I'd be SO happy. One of the few shows that would able to preserve it on DVD with the original cast, who are all phenomenal.
My thoughts...
 Aug 19 2005, 09:16:54 PM
I'm not too sure about One Song Glory, since I love the original recording so much. It sounds like they tried to stylize it too much, when the original is so raw and minimalistic to me. I do not agree with the change at all. It lost a lot of the emotional impact for me that way.

My favorites are Out Tonight, Life Support and Will I.

Personally I wanted Will I? to be the trailer song, NOT Seasons of Love, which is really generic. Will I? gets behind the heart of the show of why

re: When Will They FINALLY Win Their Tony??
 Aug 11 2005, 07:10:27 PM
Patrick Wilson.

He'll probably be nominated with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick in his category again. Hmmm, I wonder how that's going to end up? (sarcasm)

re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
 Jul 27 2005, 09:47:46 PM
I didn't think Taye came off as a jerk at all. In fact, I kind of like the fact he doesn't dig (no pun intended) Benny's clothes. Benny is SUPPOSED to be a yuppy, therefore his outfits should be yuppy-ish, implying pretension and probably not hitting the standard they are intended to project.

As for the candy bar, I thought it was amusing, not jerky at all, but maybe that's just me.

Like the entries, I think there's a lot of the clips we don't see. I'm sure they film other thin

re: Performances You Wish You Had Seen.
 Jun 9 2005, 07:56:56 PM
I'm not sure this counts as legendary, but I'm upset, after hearing songs from it, that I never took the chance to see "The Full Monty" with the OBC.
re: Movin' Out will Pass Contact and Fosse for Bway Long Run
 Jun 9 2005, 07:51:06 PM
Congrats to the cast and crew!

I love this show, and even though I liked it the first time, it really grows on you on repeat viewings. The dancing is fantastic, but the subtleties the dancers give to the characterizations of their roles is equally mesmerizing and touching.

And to see an OBC in a show, three years into its run, still as enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated as they were the day it opened--such a refreshing thing to see. John Selya, Elizabeth Parkinson, Ke

re: Martha Plimpton to replace Parker Posey in HURLYBURLY
 Jun 1 2005, 03:52:20 PM
Goonies never say die!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

re: Time Out New York's Tony Predictions
 Jun 1 2005, 02:57:16 PM
"Does anyone who's seen "Spelling Bee fail" to see why Dan Fogler's performance was any more special/nomination-worthy than Jose's or Jesse's? He was good, but friends who have seen Matthew Morrison or Christopher Sieber have praised their work to a MUCH greater extent.."

I haven't seen Spamalot, but I have seen Spelling Bee, Chitty, and Piazza, and IMO I found Jose to be the male highlight of Spelling Bee for me. I liked Fogler, but not nearly enough that he lived up to the insane a

re: All Shaken for ALL SHOOK UP!
 May 2 2005, 02:46:31 PM
I don't know why more people aren't talking about Curtis Holbrook--I thought he was great, so charming, and an excellent dancer.
Golden Globe
 Jan 18 2005, 12:21:00 AM
Hey Anthony, just some questions I was curious about:

1. I know you did an episode of Law and Order: SVU. What did you think about Mariska Hargitay winning the Golden Globe?

2. I saw you in "Mister" a couple of years back with Yassmin Alers. At the performance I saw, your costar choked on his beer and everyone was in stitches (the cast and audience), but you stayed completely in character. Is it hard for you to stay in character at funny moments like that which catch you by sur

re: Movin' Out
 Dec 25 2004, 02:27:03 AM
I just revisited this show (after seeing it before) and it was the best performance I have seen of it to date. BE SURE to catch Michael Cavanaugh and John Selya (he just IS Eddie to me) -- without either, the show is definitely lacking, and I speak from experience.
re: Movin' Out - Am I missing something?
 Nov 6 2004, 08:01:09 PM
You and I are seeing two very different shows.

I love Movin Out. I think it has a lot to say, especially in the time we are in now. It’s a shame you left at intermission because Act 2 has a bulk of the best scenes, the best dancing, and the most emotional moment of the night: Goodnight Saigon. And by the standing ovations, I think other people are getting the story.

Movin’ Out is NOT just about Billy Joel songs. It is a ballet constructed around the songs in a much more cohesive storyline than I expected. It’s not your regular musical, but it has many merits to it, one being the brilliant performances by Desmond Richardson and John Selya.

I really connected to John Selya’s portrayal of Eddie and part of that made me love the show so much. I have seen his understudy and the show is very different, it’s more about dance than story since Eddie is pretty much the core of the show ESPECIALLY the second act. The other main cast members, Ashley Tuttle, Desmond Richardson, and Nancy Lemanager really formulated their characters well.

If you don’t like dance, then you’re seeing the wrong show. But to say it’s not an art form? Utterly ridiculous. Again, YOU didn’t see the second act. If you had, I think you would have a lot more appreciation for those five dancers that risk so much by doing that show at least five times a week.

If you’re really interested in what you’re missing and want clarification on the show and choices made, there’s an interview http://www.americantheatrewing.org:8080/ramgen/downstage/Episode14.rm there that will really help you understand and will give big insight into the show.

re: Now Joey M in WICKED?
 May 17 2004, 11:22:14 PM
If they wanted to go the stunt casting route, why not Taye? Or what about Adam Garcia (Coyote Ugly) who was actually in the workshop?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You