Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#0Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:11pm

Kirk Cameron as Jean Valjean. So freaking funny. CURTAIN UP!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:12pm

Haha I saw it!

BRILLIANT commentary on stunt casting!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:14pm

i loved when they did the GYPSY spoof.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
Updated On: 7/10/05 at 09:14 PM

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#3re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:14pm

i loved when they did the GYPSY spoof.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
Updated On: 7/10/05 at 09:14 PM

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#4re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:16pm

Mr. Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:17pm

HILARIOUS episode today! And a SIMPSONS reference!! WHAAAAT!???

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#6re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:23pm

This show is genius. Anyone not watching it - you don't know WHAT you're missing.

Even the vomit scene had me cracking up - and that usually grosses me out.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#7re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:24pm

HITLER

you didn't do it...you didn't do it either.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#8re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:26pm

Was that a semi-Avenue Q ref? Mix tape?

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#9re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:29pm

I thought of avenue Q too. Who saw the Sound of Music reference on one of the earlier episodes with stewie as Liesl and So Long Farewell performed. So funny. Stunt casting spoof on les miz was so on target too. :)

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#10re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:31pm

Yes, this was the first show of the season!

LOVE IT!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#11re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:32pm

yes - great spoof - though R&H society (or whatever) wouldn't let them do a PARODY, so they did it straight, which in and of itself was hilarious.

EganFan2
#12re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:33pm

Didn't the Simpsons also spoof stunt casting with Mark Hamill in Guys and Dolls or something?

One Song Glory
#13re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!

There are so many referances on Family Guy. I love it all.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#14re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!

Yes, "Luck be a jedi tonight"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#15re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:36pm

R&H Society? They wouldn't let them do a spoof on Sound of Music, but it's fine for KING & I? Honestly, I don't think they need permission to do a parody. Just look at Forbidden Broadway and SNL and MadTV.

--Aristotle

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#16re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:37pm

I read it somewhere - that they wouldn't let them do an out and out parody. I don't know how they got away with the King and I one...

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#17re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:40pm

this show rocks

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

#18re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:44pm

I've never seen the show, but I want to see the Sound of Music ref now!

Hoof
#19re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:01pm

It was brilliant! I haven't watched the show in over a year and by chance, I caught it tonight.

Hehe Kirk Cameron as Valjean. Ew!

BabyJohn Profile Photo
BabyJohn
#20re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:06pm

Thet have done West Side Story, Fiddler, Sound of Music, Gypsy, Les Miz. FIDDLER starred William Shatner!

KRISTEN CHENOWETH To show my gratitude, I'll offer you this pointy black hat, which is just like the one Original Wicked Witch Margaret Hamilton wore in the movie! IDINA MENZEL What a great idea! How about throughout the play, you continue to offer me things like a black cloak, or a black cape, or a broom to make me look more and more like Margaret Hamilton did! These attempts at humor will be painfully predictable from a mile away! AUDIENCE collectively groans.

hypertruffle
#21re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:08pm

BabyJohn, Thanks for reminding me for the William Shatner reference. *hysterical laughter* I love Family Guy!

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

downbeat
#22re: Les Mis ref. on Family Guy!
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:36pm

Yep, Seth MacFarland (creator and several voices) said on that episode's DVD commentary that the SoM parody's lyrics had to be submitted to the Rodgers and Hammerstein Foundation in advance for their approval, so they took extra care to make sure it wasn't overtly offensive or making fun of the material.

I know parody is protected by law, but maybe Fox just wanted to be extra sure not to offend anyone? Kind of like Weird Al Yankovic - he asks permission (and pays royalties) to everyone he spoofs.

"Valtava, iso pullean hurmaava HITTI." New York Post (as quoted by Hairspray, Finnish Regional Production.)

Videos