wicked chicago lotto

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#0wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/21/05 at 9:05pm

hey there. i am in wisconsin right now with my uncle and aunt. on a whim, we may visit chicago, and on an even bigger one, we may try and do wicked there.

how big is the lotto? especially if there were three peope- any chance? (it may be two of us, or three of us).

would it make more sense to get mezz tix in advance, or is there not much of a turnout?

thanks.

Richie

BwayTheatre11
#1re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/21/05 at 9:06pm

I believe the lotto only wins you two tickets.

CCM '10!

#2re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/21/05 at 9:24pm

If you want to see the show for sure, buy tickets. You can try for the drawing, but of course, more people lose than win. It would be even harder to win twice (Three tickets will take 2 wins). You can get really good tickets in the balcony for $40 a piece-- but you need to plan ahead and buy in advance.

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#3re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/21/05 at 9:34pm

i would most definetly buy tickets if you want to see Wicked for sure. The lotto would be great to win but JOEkv is right. more people lose then win.

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

ChrisHerz Profile Photo
ChrisHerz
#4re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/21/05 at 9:43pm

If you don't win the lotto... wait outside before the show (especially during a matinee) and maybe you'll get tickets. Find a nice person and you'll get them cheap. I got main floor seats for 20 bucks, center section at a "sold out" show.

darkmist115
#5re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:26am

thanks for all the input so far, guys. i realized that 3 tickets would be two wins, heh, sorry i didn't clarify.

i looked on ticketmaster, and there were still a few tickets available for tomorrow night's show, so I am sure if we wound up taking a trip, we would be able to snag some from there relatively soon before the show.

I'm not sure if it's definite yet- i talked to my aunt about it, but my uncle is the one driving and i imagine the one buying tickets. i'll talk with them about it.

if it winds up just being my uncle and me, still buy tix in advance?

thanks again for all the help.

also, stage door- relatively easy to find? i'd like to go there, if i have time!

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#6re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:31am

The stage door---
There is a McDonald's on the same street as teh Oriental (there is a baskin robbins-or other ice cream place and then a little jewelry store or something and then a McD's) turn rigth at the McDonalds...and walk..you'll see a parking garage, before you get to the garage entrance you'll see an alley...it's right down there and you'll see a "STAGE DOOR" sign :)

The lottery is nuts..if you must go to the show..buy tickets ahead of time. If you are only going with one other person you could probably get some cancellation tickets last minute but anymore than 2 I doubt it :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

darkmist115
#7re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/22/05 at 5:21pm

and is it right in assuming matinee cancellation/lotto would be a little easier than night shows?

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#8re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:02pm

The lotto depends on really good luck. I was with my friend Dan when he won the lotto on the 7th, and he took me, it was also his first try. My other two friends one the nexy day. And on Wensday, the girl I am dating went with her mother and little sister to the mat. lotto, and not only did she win, but so did her mother! So it clearly depends on luck. And there are about 80-120 pepole there each drawing I have been to. Good Luck!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

darkmist115
#9re: wicked chicago lotto
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:36am

ok great, thanks!
love the signature by the way, alphieboy, great song!

Videos