Seaport TKTS

timote316
#0Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:09pm

I saw on tdf.org that the Seaport TKTS location is open at 11am, and that the ticket selection is the same at both locations. Is there a line when that location opens? Also, what is the likelihood of getting good seats for DRS there when they open? Thanks!

Yankeefan007
#1re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:10pm

from what i hear, its the 'unknown' TKTS booth....on matinee days, they sell tickets the day before.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#2re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:58pm

so wait, do they sell tickets for a wed. matinee on tuesday?

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

timote316
#3re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/27/05 at 11:07pm

Yes, they do.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#4re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/27/05 at 11:16pm

oh thats great, thanks

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

tagiunagi
#5re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 2:08am

What are the lines like? What trains go to the Seaport?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#6re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 2:18am

There are little to no lines. The last time I went, there were only 20 people max there.

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.
Updated On: 8/28/05 at 02:18 AM

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#7re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 7:57am

Easiest subway stop is Fulton Street Station

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

Cabchic
#8re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 8:41am

I work 2 blocks from the Seaport TKTS booth. It is much better than trying in Times Sq. However there are lines occassionally. Usually people get there before 11 and line up. I have gone at 4 many days and there has been no one there and I'll walk right up to the window and get my tickets. I've never had a show be sold out on me.

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#9re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 10:14am

Take the 2 or 3 train to Fulton Street. As you leave the train, walk towards the front of the train and go up the stairs at the end of the platform. Go up to the John Street exit. Once on the street, turn left and head east on John Street about 3 blocks to Front Street. Turn left on Front and you'll see the TKTS office right there. In my experience, I have gotten better seats at the last minute (7:45) at Duffy Square (but I'm usually a single). They rarely have more than 2 windows open at South Street and the line can move slowly. For me, the big benefit is to get matinee tickets the day before. According to their website, the South Street TKTS is closed on Labor Day.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

timote316
#10re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 10:40am

Thank you for all the help (especially to hushpuppy for the directions!). Any more help is greatly appreciated!

timote316
#11re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 7:10pm

BUMP

Would we be better off waiting until later in the day to get better seats (at either booth)?

tagiunagi
#12re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 8/28/05 at 10:14pm

Does TKTS offer non-orchestra seating?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

tagiunagi
#13re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 9/4/05 at 3:00pm

For Piazza specifically, how much is the discount at the TKTS Seaport on weekdays? And does TKTS offer discounted seats for non-orch seating?

Composer9 Profile Photo
Composer9
#14re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 9/4/05 at 3:06pm

I got great piazza seats a few weeks ago in the 100s section for $50.50 for a Thursday night show. I waited in line for no more than 20 minutes (instead of like an hour in the Times sq. line)

As far as non-orch seating...I'm not sure, but the seats I got were very good. I didn't feel as if I missed anything in Piazza by being on the far left...and usually you're in like 4th or 5th row...very very close.

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another... and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world. ~Leonard Bernstein~

tagiunagi
#15re: Seaport TKTS
Posted: 9/4/05 at 3:18pm

Well, if the discount is 50%, I would prefer non-orch seating. Just wondering.

Videos