News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Composer9

Composer9 Profile Photo
Member Name: Composer9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Profile: I'm a composer/lyricist soaking up as much knowledge as I can. I love what I do, and live for it. I also love being a part of the most supportive, amazing community in existence...that's right, I'm talkin' 'bout the theatre community.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard
 Sep 2 2006, 12:33:27 PM
West Side Story
Light in the Piazza
Carousel
Passion
Sunday in the Park with George

re: 'Live' commercials before theatre?!? What level of HELL are we descend
 May 10 2006, 02:41:49 PM
oy...just oy...
re: My Favorite...
 Apr 27 2006, 09:31:03 PM
Grahm Stuart I believe, yes?

re: New Pajama Game Cast
 Apr 27 2006, 09:05:30 PM
O'Hara said on the Jeff Blumenkrantz pod cast a couple weeks ago that she is going to leave the show in June with Harry because of a plethora of reasons I can't remember at this exact moment...but for more info you can check out the podcast. :)
re: Can a show be your favorite if you have not seen it?
 Apr 20 2006, 11:30:59 PM
I suppose it would mean that the music is your favorite...not the show. I guess if you know enough about the show. Still, I wouldn't call a show my favorite unless I'd seen it.
re: NYU Musical Theatre Composition Program
 Apr 6 2006, 03:09:07 PM
I do not believe Tisch has an undergraduate musical theatre writing program. I know they have an undergrad dramatic writing program, but not specifically Musical theatre writing...also I believe, and was told, that their grad program is the only one of its kind specifically because they focus so much on collaboration--which is what drew me to the program in the first place.
 Apr 6 2006, 02:39:26 PM
I thought i'd bump this in case anyone had any questions. :)
 Apr 6 2006, 03:13:07 AM
Sorry about that. I don't know how that setting changed. Please, PM me if you have any questions etc. :)
 Apr 6 2006, 12:56:57 AM
I was actually accepted into the program this year as a composer/lyricist. If you have any questions about the program or the application process feel free to PM me. :)

inlovewithjerryherman: Who's your professor, if you don't mind me asking? Male or female?

re: The Wedding Singer Preview (Live)
 Mar 30 2006, 11:52:26 PM
Saw it in Seattle and thought it needed some work...I assume they'll tighten a lot up before opening night, but all in all...it was mildly enjoyable. I liked it...
re: A new edition of...This or That!
 Mar 30 2006, 11:20:16 PM
Marin

Harvey or Rosie?

re: Sneak Peek Video: The Drowsy Chaperone!
 Mar 30 2006, 09:18:28 PM
It does look like a lot of fun! I hope it does well just because we need for original shows on Broadway!
re: The Pajama Game Recording?
 Mar 23 2006, 01:32:56 AM
I asked the nice merchandise salesman tonight about the recording and he said it was currently in production and slated for a release the first week of May...

We'll see if that turns out to be true...just thought I'd update the rumor status to "a bit more than a rumor" status.

PS> the show is in great shape. I saw it early in previews and was impressed with some of the subtle changes that were made by the cast especially Kelli and Roz. Harry still overdoes his "angry" scenes..

re: Kate Winslet Tapping !
 Mar 19 2006, 01:43:27 AM
I love Kate Winslet! Love, love, love! She is in a move musical called Romance and Cigarettes. Its release was delayed I think...I hope it comes out soon even in a limited release. I read in an interview that she would really like to do a theatre project...I hope one comes her way that is worthy of her talent.

Jasonf- I totally thought the same thing...

re: Tyne Daly at Stage Door
 Mar 15 2006, 01:13:51 AM
I saw it previews and everyone was very gracious and signed. Tyne was extremely generous with her time and even indulged some old ladies who were complaining to her about Judging Amy being canceled...oy.

re: London Ticket Prices
 Mar 15 2006, 01:08:59 AM
Seriously, it's wonderful, and a necessary experience for any theatre fan.

re: London Ticket Prices
 Mar 14 2006, 10:12:49 PM
It's actually like 10 bucks here. The theatre prices, when I was in London in January, seemed a bit cheaper. I got student rated tickets for no more than 15 pounds and usually less than 10. The most expensive ticket I bought there was 23 pounds for a ticket to Sunday in the Park with George. Even the 50 pound tickets for Billy Elliot would come out to be cheaper than say a 111.25 ticket to Pajama Game.
re: The Light in the Piazza to air on Live from Lincoln Center - June 15
 Mar 14 2006, 12:06:54 AM
This is the greatest news I've heard in a long time! I am sooo excited! YAY!
re: Acting Legend Maureen Stapleton is Dead
 Mar 13 2006, 01:41:02 PM
I absolutely adored her as Aunt Birdie in Little Foxes. She will be missed greatly
re: re: need to learn russian accent
 Mar 13 2006, 06:12:09 AM
2 могут сыграть на той игре.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You