BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#0BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:09pm

Does anyone have broadway karaoke cd's they really like? or have a large collection. I Have...
Little shop of horrors - good quality but bad background vocals
The Rocky Horror Picture Show SING IT! great quality..actual orchestrations from the movie and background vocals from the movie
The Boy from Oz - Great to sing along to
Phantom of the opera - Great quality
Wicked (stage stars) - not very good.. you can hear the instruments messing up at times and the singers are bad
Wicked (pockets songs) - much better quality
Rent (stage stars) - very good quality and a lot of fun although lacking alot of songs

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#1re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:19pm

I have the Rocky Horror SING IT one, I like it. I also have Avenue Q..I lost the box it came in so I dunno what it's by, but it's really good. The orchestrations are a little cartoony, but it's really good to sing to.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Mini_Mimi17
#2re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:32pm

I have the Rent one its really cool! I want the Rocky Horror one so badly!

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#3re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/1/05 at 10:03pm

yeah mimi, the rocky horror one was really hard to find...my dad actually found it at some little cd shop in the city...

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

hot_brdwy_diva Profile Photo
hot_brdwy_diva
#4re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/1/05 at 11:18pm

Here are all the karaoke cds I have

Rocky Horror
Wicked (pocket songs)
Hairspray
Chicago
Linda Eder's Bway My Way (my absolute favorite karaoke songs!)
Disney ( volumes 1, 2 and 3!)
American Idol (volumes 1,2 and 3 as well!)
A ton of Christmas Karaokes
Jason Robert Brown (Songs from L5Y, Songs for a New World and Parade)
Some weird Party Mix one (only because Lara Fabian's song "I will Love Again" is on it)
Celine Dion 1997 Karaoke
An Andrew Lloyd Weber one... no idea where I got it.
A cd with a mix of classical songs that my old voice teacher made for me
I have a few other miscellaneous songs and a crap load of midis from http://www.hamienet.com/cat1.html

"You just have to do what your voice tells you to do." -Linda Eder
Updated On: 9/1/05 at 11:18 PM

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#5re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/2/05 at 1:50am

Random-- has anyone else listened to the 'example' cast for the Rent karaoke? Some of them are actually very good ie Roger/ Mimi/ Angel.

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.

AvenueQPat
#6re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/2/05 at 2:02am

Broadway Karaoke, in my experience, is bad about 90% of the time.

I got the Chicago musical recording and it was SO disapointed!!!

The only really good one I have heard is Pippin, Jason Robert Brown (For the Most Part), The Rocky Horror Show and West Side Story (Which is the BEST Karaoke I have ever heard) - most of the old shows (Oklahoma, Camelot) sound very fake and "Midi-cized".

I will need to find some of the other good ones you have mentioned and take a listen.

You learn to play the straight man, the lines become routine - never really saying what you mean - but i know the scene will change :)

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#7re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/2/05 at 11:52am

It really depends on what kind of brand..i mean the stage stars wicked is terrible but the pocket songs one is amazing, but then the stage stars rent is really good....bying karaoke is a gamble...
this was my first thread i just joined yesterday so thanks to all of you for responding....BROADWAYWORLD.COM ROCKS!!!!

queenie2
#8re: BROADWAY KARAOKE CD'S
Posted: 9/3/05 at 10:35am

I do have the following karaokes:

- Rent - good quality
- Wicked - good quality
- aida - average quality
- dracula - average quality
- tanz der vampire - good quality
- mozart - good quality
- elisabeth - good quality

And a lot of songs from diferent musicals. Mostly from karaoke compilations.

Videos