Auditions to A Chorus Line???

BwayLeadman
#0Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:14pm

Does the A Chorus Line audition (Broadway) start like this:

Step, kick, kick, leap, step, touch.... etc.

Do you have to know the choreography to audition?

Beergoggles
#1re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:20pm

dunno about the choreography... but yeah it does start like that!

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

BwayLeadman
#2re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:21pm

I don't know if you are referring to the actual song, but I am saying if they expect you to know the choreography, and that routine is the audition.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#3re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:45pm

step, kick, kick, leap, *KICK*, touch.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Ebonic_Singer
#4re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:49pm

There are many ways for one to step, then kick, then kick, then leap, then kick, then touch. You can't expect them to adhere to your choreography.

SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!! Profile Photo
SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!!
#5re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 9:53pm

hahahaha! duh! either way, audtions were held aready in june.

noahrp3
#6re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 11:44pm

I don't think they'd expect everyone to know the original Broadway choreography. That would be almost impossible ( although it could happen).

FindingNamo
#7re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/15/05 at 11:49pm

Also, you don't audition to you audition for.

You apply to McDonald's.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#8re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/16/05 at 3:25am

thanks namo! i was wondering if someone would bring that up!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#9re: Auditions to A Chorus Line???
Posted: 9/16/05 at 11:21am

In all honesty every self respecting dancer in New York knows that opening number. No, you don't have to know the choreography as they would teach it at the audition. However, I can pretty much guarantee you that those auditions were busting with every single person who's been on the line before.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Videos