pixeltracker

Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music

Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#0Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/26/05 at 10:29pm

Does anyone know where one can meet the cast members of a show at the academy of Music in philly? I'm seeing wicked there when it comes and I would really love to meet some of the cast.

musicalsFan
#1re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/27/05 at 12:38am

when you come out after the show, turn left and walk down the block a bit; there's a little sign that says Stage Door

Changed_for_the_better Profile Photo
Changed_for_the_better
#2re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/27/05 at 8:19pm

Wicked will be performed at the Kimmel Center NOT the Academy of Music. It is part of the Academy series.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#3re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/27/05 at 8:38pm

Actually, it is at the Academy of Music.

Liz_Bennet Profile Photo
Liz_Bennet
#4re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/27/05 at 8:40pm

No. Wicked is at the Academy of Music, the opera house. The Kimmel Center (the building) houses a concert hall where the Phildaelphia Orchestra plays, and a smallish recital hall that is sometimes also used for things with simple stagings. Wicked is part of the "Broadway at the Academy" series. The Academy is managed by the Kimmel Center (the organization), but is a block or two up Broad Street.
Broadway at the Academy

"WHEN is the winter of our discontent?" "NOW is the winter of our discontent!" Visit My Blog

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#5re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/27/05 at 10:07pm

yeah the kimmel does the concerts but all thier or at least most of their plays are at the academy....I've been to shows/concerts at both stages.

thanks for the info though!!! Updated On: 9/27/05 at 10:07 PM

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#6re: Meeting cast members at the Academy of Music
Posted: 9/28/05 at 7:16pm

It's too bad Wicked will be at the Academy of Music -- so many of the seats there are partial view, although they don't tell you. I saw a show there and felt that I might as well be listening to the radio -- the performers were out of sight for 10 or 15 minutes at a time. And there were many seats worse than mine. Admittedly, part of the problem was that the show was staged poorly, and most of the action in Wicked (at least the Broadway version) is up front, but I hope the staging respects the seating arrangement at the Academy.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Videos