The Producers

RabbitRun Profile Photo
RabbitRun
#0The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:20pm

Am contemplating a revisit to this show; and am curious to know if anyone has seen it lately?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:32pm

I think Hunter Foster is in it again and Gary Beach is also in it...go see it!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Yankeefan007
#2re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:34pm

Hunter Foster was better than Matthew Broderick. Period.

Elizabeth_DeBris
#3re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 8:02pm

I haven't seen it recently, but I saw it with Brad Oscar and Hunter Foster, in their original runs, and they were both fantastic. From what I've heard: Gary Beach is definitely worth seeing (kicking myself for being too late with that, but Jonathan Freeman was very good). So, I'd also suggest revisiting it.

ProducersFan
#4re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 8:55pm

All three (Brad, Hunter, Gary) are phenomenal. I highly recommend seeing all of them. Hunter and Brad are my second favorite Leo and Max after Roger and Nathan, respectively. And no one can beat Gary. re: The Producers I think Brooks might be back as Carmen as well, and he is excellent too.

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

crzyrocket Profile Photo
crzyrocket
#5re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:34pm

I actually saw the show last Sunday and it was a delight. Brad Oscar and Hunter Foster are indeed wonderful. The show was worth it (for me personally), just because of Gary Beach. There's no one better. Brad Musgrove is playing Carmen right now. Bill Nolte just joined the cast 2 weeks ago, and he's a great Franz.

I believe there's going to be casting changes in the upcoming weeks. John Treacy Egan is replaced Brad Oscar Oct. 25th, and Jai Rodriguez is coming in as Carmen November 1st.

"The sense that everything's going right is a sure sense that everything's going wrong." -The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?

ProducersFan
#6re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:07pm

Oh duh, I meant Brad Musgrove. ::hits head with hand::
Sorry about that. Brad is my second favorite Carmen and an absolute delight.

I so need to see Jai as Carmen - I smell a 6th trip! re: The Producers

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

mijofly19
#7re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:23pm

You should definately go and see it. I saw it for the first time on Tuesday and it was the funniest show I've ever been to. Much funnier than Spamalot, which I loved. Brad and Hunter are perfect in the roles, and it's awesome to see an original cast member in the role he originated, AND is about to play in the movie. Brad Musgrove, Bill Nolte, and Angie Schrower are great too. Brad Oscar, Brad Musgrove, and Hunter were all great at the stage door. It was just me that was there so that was awesome.

ProducersFan
#8re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:28pm

Angie is fantastic. I met her at the stage door last time and told her that I had seen her 4 times and how great she was. She was so surprised and said that she hoped she had been good! She's the perfect Ulla and has a gorgeous voice.

I'm so sad Eric Gunhus left though...

~Jessica

mijofly19
#9re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:29pm

Eric didn't leave he was definately Lead Tenor on Tuesday. He was also very good.

ProducersFan
#10re: The Producers
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:32pm

Really? When I saw it twice this summer there was a note in the Playbill saying someone was a replacement. I figured it was permanent. Oh that's great news - thank you so much!

~Jessica

JasonGreen
#11re: The Producers
Posted: 10/14/05 at 2:19am

Eric had left for a small recuperation and they brought in John Bogue from the tour. I think that was his name. He was very funny. Eric is back now though.

Updated On: 10/14/05 at 02:19 AM

RabbitRun Profile Photo
RabbitRun
#12re: The Producers
Posted: 10/14/05 at 12:01pm

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts & comments.

Videos