pixeltracker

Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia

Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia

CostumeGirl2 Profile Photo
CostumeGirl2
#0Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/27/05 at 3:05am

Go see this revue! It will put you in stitches. It is running at the Village Theatre on Bleecker. Not to try and give anything away but to entice you there, there is a spoof of Liza and Carol Channing that is worth the price of admission!! It is only running to the 31st of December. John Tartaglia is great in the show and it is great to see him without a puppet and to hear his "own voice" (show joke.) I believe TKTS has tickets and Broadway Box has a discount!
Updated On: 12/27/05 at 03:05 AM

CostumeGirl2
#1re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/27/05 at 2:28pm

*bump*

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#2re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/27/05 at 4:19pm

Do you know if there's any rush tickets offered?

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

CostumeGirl2
#3re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/27/05 at 4:33pm

I am not sure, but I do know that the website says tickets range from 20-60 dollars. So there might be a rush. It is worth a try, this show is great!

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#4re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/27/05 at 4:34pm

YAY! I'm glad to hear John's doing well re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia

CostumeGirl2
#5re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:46pm

ONLY 3 more performances left to see John Tartaglia and an amazing cast in NEWSical the Musical:The Next Edition. Like I have said before this show is amazing. There are bits in there written just for John. If you visit Johnny's website (www.johntartagliaontheweb.com) you can see that if you mention the promo code TAGS you can get a big discount. There is an evening show Friday and two shows on Saturday. What a way to end the new year to see NEWSical with John Tartaglia, Stephanie Kurtzuba, Trisha Rapier, and Jamison Stern!! www.newsicalthemusical.com

Johnny's Official Site Updated On: 12/29/05 at 11:46 PM

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#6re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 1:15am

There are rush tickets for $20, but they don't sell them until 15 minutes before the show. I don't know how sold out the last performances are so it would be a chance.

Go see it!

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

IssaMe
#7re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 7:46am

I was back home in London when this show ran in New York last year, so I missed it and knew nothing about it.

Based on comments here (since there don't seem to be any ads running for it or any reviews), I went last night --- and it is TERRIFIC.

A great cast (the only one I recognized is John Tartaglia - but the other three are major stars-to-be), and the show itself is very, very funny with tuneful (and even emotionally touching)songs. The CD looks good but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

It is not to be missed... (wonder if the rest of the run is sold out - they seemed to be selling tickets at the box office so there may still be some seats available for this holiday weekend...if so - GO! You won't regret it).

Thanks to people on this message board for the heads-up on this show - otherwise, might have missed it.

CostumeGirl2
#8re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:10pm

Yes, there are still tickets available and many places to get discounted tickets. Remember just three more performances left!

IssaMe
#9re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:13pm

Someone should alert Dollypop here that John Tartaglia does a hilarious impersonation of Carol Channing in this show.

CostumeGirl2
#10re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:52pm

I am so glad you enjoyed the show. And the Carol bit is my favorite part of the show. Hands down one of the funniest impersonations I have seen of Carol.

IssaMe
#11re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:46pm

...and coupled with the impression his co-star does of Liza...it is spot-on and hilarious. Also quite wicked!!! (look, a wicked post but not about Wicked!)

A show I'd certainly like to get back to see again...but won't be able to.

Any chance of it being extended or transferring? Or is the end of the run this weekend final?

MusicalComedyMan
#12re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:48pm

I think it has to close because I Love You Because is opening in a couple weeks there.

IssaMe
#13re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:52pm

What is I Love You Because?

But will Newsical transfer then?

CostumeGirl2
#14re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:59pm

"I love you because" is the new musical going into the Village Theatre after "NEWSical." Check out www.iloveyoubecause.com for more info. "NEWSical" was just there for a limited engagement. It is soon to be touring the US.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#15re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/30/05 at 5:06pm

this show sounds right up my alley ... too bad i can't get to nyc right now re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia

RIP glebby <3

MusicalComedyMan
#16re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/31/05 at 9:07am

last 2 chances to see NEWSical tonite at 3p and 8:15!!! Come and see John's last performance... his Carol Channing will have you peeing in your pants!!!

BROADWAYFAN3
#17re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/31/05 at 2:29pm

I'LL BE THERE FOR THE LAST SHOW AT 8 AND THEN THE nye PARTY AFTER

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#18re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia
Posted: 12/31/05 at 4:45pm

Enjoy broadwayfan!!! I look forward to some details. re: Go See NEWSical the Musical w/ John Tartaglia Please?

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html
Updated On: 12/31/05 at 04:45 PM

Videos