pixeltracker

Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?- Page 3

Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#50re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 3:03pm

"A little birdie told me that Bea Arthur and Betty White will be alternating roles in the upcoming London production. Rue will remain Madame Morrible"

HOLY SH*T! This would be the best!!!!!!!!!! But could either one of them stay steady in the cherry picker? And what of Estelle Getty, as Nessa perhaps???

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#51re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 3:07pm

And Uncle Angelo as the wizard.

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#52re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 3:07pm

Our poor Estelle had to pass on the role of Boq for health reasons. re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why? A replacement will be announced soon (I'm hearing Ewan McGregor after his fabulous performance in Guys and Dolls)

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#54re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 4:56pm

Harvey Fierstein as Elphaba and Charles Busch as Glinda
At least it would make the show fun to watch again.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#55re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 5:16pm

I'm going to agree with MEF about Ms. Murney.

I also think mandy Gonzalez should, because she could definitely be wonderful in the role.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Parks
#56re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 5:25pm

Whatever happened to Britney Spears as Elphaba?

She could totally pull it off! After all, she has an AMAZING belting voice. She sounds JUST like the CD when I go to her concerts!

and for Glinda...I think Christina should play it! That way we could have a Mickey Mouse Club reunion! Justin could play Boq! What's her face from Felicity could play Nessa...JC could play Fiyero!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

artist_in_waiting
#57re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 6:51pm

Okay. What is so up with ALANIS going blonde?! There seems to be a trend going on among legit artists nowadays. First there was Jewel who went all Britney on us. And now a BLOND ALANIS? Nobody wants to hold on to their hard-earned cred. any longer.

On a more serious note, Christina Aguilera can definitely rise to the ocassion if she is called to play Elphaba. Has anyone seen the SNL episode where she did Kim Catrall's Samantha? She was by far more convincing and funnier than the regulars. I don't know about the rest but I, for one, believe that oftentimes it is harder to be funny than be dramatic. Be that as it may, I still want REUBEN STUDDARD to play GLINDA opposite CLAY AIKEN's ELPHABA. Oh what I would give to see Reuben perform POPULAR while bouncing around the stage in his little gown.
Updated On: 1/12/06 at 06:51 PM

artist_in_waiting
#58re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 6:57pm

Parks - You are too funny I swear! I feel the same way about Ashlee Simpson. She sounds just like the CD too. Amazing woman she is!

boytobroadway
#59re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 7:05pm

I feel that Tori Amos could sing the poop out of it!! That is in a light falsetto voice.

OR MAYBE THAT BABY SWISS GUY AND HIS PAL!! I am sure we all remember that...

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#60re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 9:30pm

I'd love to hear Sara Ramirez's take on the score...but I don't know if I could see her in the role.

#61re: Who do you think should play Elphaba in the near futre and why?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 11:05pm

coleen sexton would be really amazing