I Won't Mind...

ThrourouglyModernMLE Profile Photo
ThrourouglyModernMLE
#0I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:33pm

Okay, there is a song out there that I absolutely LOVE! It's called I Won't Mind and it's from an unfinished musical... Is it called Hello Again?? I don't know... (Aunty Lizzy's singing to a baby, very, very touching song) but I don't know anything about it... is there anyone out there who can tell me a bit about why this musical is unfinished... are there any plans to finish it... what's the deal? haha!

Emily

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:35pm

oh, oh! I LOVE this song. It's on Audra McDonald's 'how Glory Goes." Yeah... someone finish the show!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#2re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:39pm

The unfinished show is titled "The Other Franklin." The composer is Jeff Blumenkrantz.

"Hello, Again" is a musical composed by Michael John LaChiusa regarding sex and relationships through the ages.

futurewinnerbud
#3re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 5:42pm

one of my friends sings this song... absolutley heartbreaking

MrBungee7
#4re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:53pm

OO! I'm singing this in a concert right now! It's beautifully heartbreaking. Basically, anything Audra considers good... is.

What's pink and green and flies all over?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#5re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 7:35pm

One of the best songs of all time! http://www.archive.org/download/The_Jeff_Blumenkrantz_Songbook_Podcast__Episode_5__I_Wont_Mind/podcast5.mp3

and no, he is not high

ThrourouglyModernMLE Profile Photo
ThrourouglyModernMLE
#6re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/17/06 at 10:32pm

AHAHAHAHA wow! Where did I hear Hello Again?!?! hahaha

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#7re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 12:21am

Well, while we're making the Audra connection, she sang 'Mistress Of The Senator' and 'Tom' on her first album (both of which are from 'Hello Again'), so maybe someone confused shows/albums/songs and told you the wronge thing

iluvtheatertrash
#8re: I Won't Mind...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 12:42am

Someone really needs to record Jeff's music on CD. Or has that already been done?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos