News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for futurewinnerbud

Member Name: futurewinnerbud
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best 3-Song Sets
 Feb 1 2006, 11:27:38 PM
I've been in the show twice... it goes

Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love 1
Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love 2: Mother
Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love 3: Nothing
Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love 4: Gimmie the Ball
Dance 10 Looks 3
Music and the Mirror

again that's karma telling you to not be so cocky...

One of my fave shows and a trip back in time.
 Feb 1 2006, 09:59:30 PM
That ending sounds SO MUCH BETTER

true I mean, the original ending is more "real", but I always find that Pippin's "ta-da" ending is so anti-climatic that the audience feels slightly jibbed. That ending with Theo sounds so much more satisfactory...

re: Best 3-Song Sets
 Feb 1 2006, 09:51:11 PM
I was just about to talk about the A Chorus Line quibble... how funny you correct someone snidly and then make a little flib-up yourself... well that's karma for ya

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Now
Later
Soon
(I think it counts as three songs though it's listed as one)

GYPSY
If Momma Was Married
All I Need is the Girl
Everything's COming Up Roses

WILD PARTY (LIPPA)
By Now the Room was Moving
Juggernaut
A Wild, Wild Party

CAROUS

re: Beyonce to write new songs for DREAMGIRLS flick
 Jan 29 2006, 05:50:23 PM
and look what cam eout of that "debacle"...

maybe one of the most famous songs ever written, "(and I) Will Always Love You".

True the movie sucked, but good does come from bad folks...

re: High School Musical Disney Original Movie
 Jan 22 2006, 05:22:45 PM
It was Carrie in movie-musical form... so absolutly bad it was good. If you look at it from a satrical point of view, it is spot on hillarious. They should have camped it up even more.

the lyrics were the WORST part, but again so abd they were good... "what's going on?/my head's in the game/but my heart's in the song"... oh my

re: What's The Next High School Musical Classic?
 Jan 21 2006, 02:21:45 AM
Seussical
Little Women
Honk
Wicked

re: I Won't Mind...
 Jan 17 2006, 05:42:16 PM
one of my friends sings this song... absolutley heartbreaking
re: It's Official!!---is new Penny
 Jan 16 2006, 09:33:40 PM
OMG she's Brooklyn! That is definitly gonna be something to see...
re: College Audition Help and thoughts...
 Jan 4 2006, 01:01:08 AM
Does the "currently on broadway" rule apply to revivals? Becuase my ballad was going to be Johanna form Sweeney Todd.
re: Ballads that aren't overdone?? Longggg list of songs!
 Jan 3 2006, 02:34:50 AM
Here's what I thought wasnt overdone, and to be honest I guessed on what I didnt know. Good luck! I'm going through the same thing right now (my CCM audition is in 12 days!!!!!!!)... Hope your song gets u into ur dream school!

Who Will Love Me As I Am? - 'Side Show'.
Always A Bridesmaid - 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change'.
My Child Will Forgive Me - From 'Parade'.
I Had Myself A True Love - 'St. Louis Woman'.
Just A Housewife - 'Working'.
Miss Marmelste

re: how did (insert name) never play (insert role)
 Dec 31 2005, 01:21:40 PM
How did Ethel Merman never play Margaret Johnson in The Light in the Piazza?

"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE's a fake. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE'S a faaaaa-bul"

hahaha... wow that'd be sweet...

re: What the deuce? Top 25 Stars?!
 Dec 30 2005, 10:27:33 PM
"These STARmeter™ rankings were not based upon critical assessments or box-office performance, but the actual search behavior of over 30 million users of IMDb.com. These results are an aggregate of weekly STARmeter rankings from IMDbPro.com, IMDb.com's professional subscription service designed specifically for people in the entertainment industry. IMDbPro.com (try a free, two-week trial) features contact information for over 69,900 names and more than 16,000 companies, international, domestic a
re: What would you think if Pocahontas was on Broadway?
 Dec 30 2005, 08:31:03 PM
pagin Shoshana Bean... Shoshana Bean your Tony is ready for pickup...

that's the first thing I thought of...

re: Moveable Arts workshop 12/29 with Wilson, Chenoweth, Foster, Borle, etc
 Dec 30 2005, 11:55:11 AM
a good friend of mine got the shock of his life when he found out he was going to New York during christmas break for an early christmas present, and his mother got him a slot in thsi program. Supposidly you had to audition... I dunno maybe it's a different program, but I specifically remeber that he was going to a master class that kristin chenoweth and sutton foster were going to be at... neways when I talk to him I'll report back.
re: 'but no one in L.A. knows sh*t about theatre'
 Dec 28 2005, 12:03:45 AM
I think that the person just missed the point of Drowsy Chaperone, prompting the comment... oh well.

As a Angelino (well actually no, as an Orange County-ian) I think that most people know a lot more general information about the entire entertainment industry than any other location in the United States. Especially in Orange County, most people who can afford to (basically all the rich people) "Go to the theater" as they call it whenever they can, and usually can regale their Theatrical

re: Vicki Clark as Mrs. Lovett?
 Dec 26 2005, 11:32:21 AM
audra would make a great beggar woman. How about an all-black Sweeney Todd with Brian Stokes Mitchell as Sweeney, Tonya Pitkins as Mrs. Lovett, and Audra as the beggar woman. I'd see that (though it wouldnt make sense historically...)
re: Is Drowsy Chaperone coming to Broadway?
 Dec 22 2005, 09:49:18 PM
yeah I think the book went straight over a few of my friend's heads. They hated the framing device of the show (a musical theater geek looking back on an old-fashioned musical), which I thought was one of the most original ideas I've ever heard. Bob Martin was HYSTERICAL! Wow...

My big problem with Kecia's role in the show (as well as a few others, like Eddie Korbich's role, George) was that there was so much more... potential for them to shine. I wanted to see more of them. But I guess

Is Drowsy Chaperone coming to Broadway?
 Dec 22 2005, 07:10:36 PM
I saw Drowsy Chaperone last night and truly thought it was the best musical I have ever seen. It was just... so impressive. There was not a single weak chain in the show, and the writing was hillarious. So many people I know absolutely hated it (for reasons like a weak book and the show's message falling flat, and the biggest one- the misuse of Kecia Lewis-Evans).

So is this show coming to Broadway? I've heard rumors going both ways, and I really hope it does. It'll be a true shame if

re: Can you guess what show this is frm and the composer?
 Dec 20 2005, 03:24:17 PM
Applause? Charles Strouse? The Babble song at the top of the show?
re: 'Camp' is on tonight
 Dec 18 2005, 07:57:24 PM
camp might be the most cliche movie of all time, and yet the one that is most true to the life of teenagers in musical theater. I hated it, but I have to admit it: 80% of the time, thats the way it is.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You