pixeltracker

Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!

Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#0Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:01pm

Okay so I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and they had the radio on over the speakers tuned into KTU 103.5 (NY station for those of you who aren't in NYC). Suddenly I hear the familiar piano intro to Seasons of Love, and then the butchering started. It was sped up, making the voices almost unrecognizable, but after a while I realized it was the version from the movie soundtrack, and a dance beat was added in the background, with a lot of looping going on. It was sad and awful and just plain wrong! This is what happens to great musicals when they are turned into movies, the song gets popular and turns into a dance mix... ahhh!!

"That boy could use some Prozac"
Updated On: 1/25/06 at 08:01 PM

gavrochegirl
#1re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:03pm

I want to hear this. *shakes fist*

What the puck?!

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#2re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:13pm

they play the dance mix at a lot of gay clubs...lots of fun!

bwaylover86
#3re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:18pm

I'm trying to tell if you are being sarcastic lol

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#4re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:22pm

They're selling like 4 different mixes of that song on itunes. I heard them and I thought that it's a disgrace to the song. The song is about love and friendship and it was totally ruined by becoming a club song. My dance teacher is like in love with it and thinks it's the greatest thing, but I can't stand it. Yeah the song can get old after awhile, but that's no excuse to make a remix. Sorry about the rambling. I'm just really mad.

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#5re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:23pm

There is a CD single being released/already released with several dance versions on it---I was listening to it at work, and people threatened me with bodily harm!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

bwaylover86
#6re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:26pm

I don't blame them... not to be graphic but Jonathan must have rolled over in his grave when someone decided to butcher these amazing songs... so messed up!

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#7re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:40pm

The person in the cubicle behind me doesn't like Rent to begin with, and the dance versions of SOL will never replace the original!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

renthead112305 Profile Photo
renthead112305
#8re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:49pm

Well I was listening to a Broadway Radio Station (Sirius Radio) and they played SOL in another language, I think it might have been japanese or chinese...or jibberish, but they would be singing in the other language and then go "seasons of love" it was weird.

"Grief does not expire like a candle or the beacon on a lighthouse. It simply changes temperature."

whyhelloheart Profile Photo
whyhelloheart
#9re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 8:53pm

Hahahaha! I'm definitely going to go download that riiight now!

wowobball2000 Profile Photo
wowobball2000
#10re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 9:16pm

I'm actually listening to one of the remixes right now re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!

"Will the world remember you when you fall?" Les Miserables

bwaylover86
#11re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 9:20pm

its so sad

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#12re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 9:36pm

i prefer deborah cox's remix for "easy as life" even though half of it doesn't exist in the original song

::bust a move::

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#13re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 9:58pm

Okay, just listned to that little bit that they'll give you on itunes and I think I just developed a twitch! EEEEWWWW! Why, why, why would they do that? Yuck!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#14re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:18pm

I heard it in my neighbor's car. It depressed me.

bwaylover86
#15re: Seasons of Love Dance Mix?!?!?!?!
Posted: 1/25/06 at 11:38pm

Yeah I didn't totally hate her version of Easy As Life, but I didn't love it either... this was make you want to rip off your ears to stop the pain awful!

Videos