Poto

livelife
#0Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 2:55pm

They soo should record a new soundtrack, celebrating its 18th year! i'd be the first to buy it!

tell me more, tell me more...how much dough did he spend?

colleen_lee
#1re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 2:56pm

::head desk:: Cast recording, not soundtrack.

And no, they should not.

They just released a SOUNDTRACK a few years ago, they don't need a new cast recording right now.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

livelife
#2re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:02pm

really? who was in it? and i mean they should record another one as a special 18th birthday....

Yankeefan007
#3re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:03pm

Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#4re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:04pm

I believe colleen_lee is refering to the movie SOUNDTRACK

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

livelife
#5re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:08pm

noo...i didnt mean the movie soundtrack, i meant the stage, have they ever recorded a broadway cast album? i have the original london recording, i just liked thought the people on broadway were really good, and i'd love for them to record it

colleen_lee
#6re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:13pm

There was never an OBC recording because the OLC transferred over and became the OBC. A Broadway cast recording would have been redundant.

There is no need for a new cast recording. It won't happen.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

livelife
#7re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 3:16pm

jeez......friendly ?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#8re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:12pm

actually, yes. Quite friendly.

This is my signature.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#9re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:31pm

The OLC was wonderful, why get a new one?

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#10re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:52pm

I say record one with Howard Mcgillian and Tim Martin Gleason, but not Sandra Joseph! That would be a great one to own.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

Altodette
#11re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:03pm

Wow - thank you, colleen_lee, for your unbounding patience in your responses... I completely understand.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#12re: Poto
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:21pm

I would like them to maybe do some sort of symphonic all star studio cast CD just to preserve the entire score since the score has not been "legally" recorded in its entirety, at least, in English. I think one of the foreign cast recordings has all the music, but there has never been a real complete recording. the OLC has a lot of cuts and the soundtrack recorded more dialogue, but also had a lot of score cuts. It would be nice to have the entire show on CD since it's now the longest running show on Broadway. Also every time I listen to the London cast CD I find myself singing the updated lyrics instead of the original recorded lyrics. Updated On: 2/14/06 at 09:21 PM

Videos