pixeltracker

Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007

Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007

FeelingElectric
#0Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 7:41am

Baltimore, long running third to Washington D.C. and Philadelphia for having blockbuster shows will see that all change later this year.Two amazing lineups have been announced foe the Lyric Opera House and The Hippodrome.This is very exciting news!

Lyric 2006-07:

Casablanca
On Golden Pond
Aida
I Can't Stop Loving You

Plus a non-subscription run of Jesus Christ Superstar

The Hippodrome 2006-07:

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Sweet Charity
Monty Python's Spamalot
12 Angry Men
Doubt

And a month long run of Wicked!

Plus non-subscription runs of Mamma Mia, Altar Boys and Annie

This is the greatest day in Baltimore theater history! I can't wait for the 06-07 season to begin.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield
Updated On: 2/16/06 at 07:41 AM

exedore
#1re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:25am

I can't wait for Spelling Bee (need to start saving to see it again and again), and this will give me a closer location for Spamalot. Excellent lineup for the Hippodrome.

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#2re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:36am

Holy crap! Yes! Thank God for the Hippo!

I will definatly be seeing Wicked, Spamalot, and DRS. I might look into seeing Spelling Bee, but I really have never heard anything at all from it.

#3re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 10:17am

OMG! CAN'T WAIT FOR DRS!! OUR SCHOOL IS GOING TO TAKE A TRIP DOWN TO WASHINGTON AND HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET TO SEE A SHOW!!

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#4re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 11:22am

Wow! I'll definatly be making a trip to the Hippodrome to see DRS and Sweet Charity. And I'll probably even see Wicked there too, since I really enjoyed it at the Kennedy Center.

It's funny about Wicked, I was wondering why they didn't announce a return engagement to D.C when there seemed to be so many other return engagements, and I kinda suspected the reason they didn't was because it was gonna stop in Baltimore.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

wexy
#5re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 11:46am

I did see a nice production of "Pajama Game' at Center Stage when visiting my cousins a few years ago. What are they doing?

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#6re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 12:01pm

How large of a house is the Hippodrome? Is it close to the train station in Baltimore?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

FeelingElectric
#7re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 6:45pm

The Hippodrome has a capacity of 2200.It is about 2 1/2 miles from Penn Station (Amtrak) and about 2 miles from the Bus Terminal (Greyhound). Both are accessible from the Theater and vice versa by Public Transit (MTA).

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 7:31pm

Went by the Hippodrome years ago when it was just sitting empty

Nice to know it has been restored. I always wanted to go to Camden Yards. Maybe we can go up sometime to see the Birds play the Yanks & see a show at the Hippodrome.

Poster Emeritus

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#9re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 7:38pm

Is there a link or something for the dates of these?

Sherry, your caps lock key must be stuck. And there's a difference between Baltimore and DC.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

ProducersFan
#10re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 7:56pm

Finally, living in Baltimore pays off! Of course, it happens to be right when I'll be heading down south for grad school. I love the Hippodrome - it is so gorgeous. I'm glad it's finally getting the good shows it deserves!

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

#11re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:42pm

To see the dates for Hippodrome shows...log onto www.baltimore.broadwayworld.com.
What a year it will be.

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#12re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:11pm

Nice! I might have to get someone to try and get me season tickets this year. Figures I will be in NY this weekend so I will have to get someone here in Baltimore to call for me. Very excited about the lineup!

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

FeelingElectric
#13re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/17/06 at 6:23am

I can't wait for the 06-07 season to begin.This will be my first time subscribimg to Broadway in Baltimore (It is just too good to pass up).I am very proud of what the Hippodrome has become.My family has a connection to this theater.My grandmother went there to see Vaudville long ago and my mother worked there as an usher in the 60's when they showed films (Which they will be doing again this weekend).

Celestial Entropy Profile Photo
Celestial Entropy
#14re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/17/06 at 6:48am

This is the greatest day in Baltimore theater history! I can't wait for the 06-07 season to begin.

AMEN!!!!! I'm only 30 minutes out of B'more... this is pure heaven to my ears!

I've come this far with the truth of the heart. Deep down inside I think we're all the same. Try not to judge and never shame... I do believe people are good... they just want hope and respect... to be understood ~Melissa Etheridge

#15re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/17/06 at 1:38pm

The Hippodrome is a great venue. Was there for the Miss USA pageant....awesome space. Congrats Balt'more!
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 01:38 PM

FeelingElectric
#16re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
Posted: 2/18/06 at 1:28am

Just want to give everybody a heads up.Tickets are ALREADY on sale for 2006-07.I just got mine.I will be in the second row for all 7 shows on the first Thursdays (third Thursday of Wicked)for $557.I cant wait till September 21 for the start of my season with the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.It will also be a special Thanksgiving night when I see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on November 23rd.It will all wrap up with Doubt on May 3, 2007.It is going to be a great season!

Videos