Bobby's Range in Urinetown

BobbyBaby244
#0Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 10:46am

Anybody have an idea how high Bobby sings in Urinetown? Thanks!

Thesbijean
#1re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 10:47am

I believe it is a G in chest

MarkCohen
#2re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 10:57am

Ab in chest at the end of Run, Freedom, Run. Trust me, I was trying it yesterday with interesting results haha.

PottstownTeacher
#3re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 1:09pm

I played Bobby in a local production. The sustained note at the end of RUN FREEDOM RUN is an A flat, but the vocal "ad lib" portion prior to that is written to go up to a C. Thank God it's AD LIB, cause I was like, "Hmmmmm a C ... yeah ... NO!" And the damn A flat took the whole rehearsal process to get. It's a tough show to sing! But it's my most favorite role ever!

MarkCohen
#4re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 2:30pm

It's a great role. I would love if my voice grew to that Ab sometime in my life. I'm only 16 so it could happen.

And I usually just go into a nasally head voice for the adlib. It's supposed to be humourous.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 2:42pm

Hah...I love this song because it is EXACTLY in my range. On a good day I can belt the hell out of it...on a bad day...it ain't so pretty on those high notes.

Akiva

RentBoy86
#6re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 3:50pm

yeah, well the vocal riffs aren't all chest voice/belt, they're more like a falsetto-yelp sorta thing. plus its comedy, so if you were to miss the note or something, it would just be funny.

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#7re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 5:44pm

I'm pretty sure the really high ad lib at the end of the song is a high E. It's hard, but when you nail it, it's the best feeling ever.

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

RentBoy86
#8re: Bobby's Range in Urinetown
Posted: 3/17/06 at 6:41pm

but its not a belt right

Videos