Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO

Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#0Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 6:25pm

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/99022.html

I'm sorry, but... yikes.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#1re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 6:27pm

Yes...I am not to thrilled with this news either. But I am excited for the new alternate

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 6:28pm

I think JHW will be fantastic.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

AlmostFamous
Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#4re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 7:01pm

They are going to have to reset the story soon in an old folks home to accomidate the cast.

AlmostFamous
#5re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 7:41pm

JHW is young! Rebecca isn't that old...and MSL is really young too! Some of the other cast is in their 40's, and 50's but it is appropriate for their character...

Joshua488
#6re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 7:59pm

Does Rebecca Pitcher stay on pitch, like her name implies? If so, I automatically like her more than Sandra Joseph.
Updated On: 4/11/06 at 07:59 PM

Fabrizio2
#7re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:01pm

I saw her as Laura once and I thought she was just as good as Jill Paice when I saw WIW the second time. No telling how that will translate over into Phantom. I hate Phantom though so...

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#8re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:02pm

I wasn't terribly fond of Ms. Pitcher when she was doing her time on the road. She had some crazy vibrato that turned me off. But others might like it. Congrats to her, then.

Hamlet's father.

AlmostFamous
#9re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:05pm

Fabrizio2 - are you sure you saw Jennifer - she joined the cast late in the run she said she never got to play the role. Are you thinking of someone else?

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#10re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:05pm

did JHW go on for Laura in WiW? I believe you MAY have seen Elena Shaddow if you saw an understudy...

Fabrizio2
#11re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:06pm

I saw an understudy for Laura, assuming it was her...I forgot that Laura had two understudies...it may have been the oher one....

AlmostFamous
#12re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:07pm

Doogie - I think Fabrizio saw Elena

BTW - The announcement on BWW stating JHW is starting on the matinee is incorrect. That date has been postponed. Either Sandra or Rebecca will be doing that show.

Fabrizio2
#13re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:12pm

I checked the playbill, the insert says that it was Elena...

I save all my playbills...I am a nerd...

astonishing1985 Profile Photo
astonishing1985
#14re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:20pm

Doesn't everyone who likes theatre save their playbills?

Hartt School class of 2010 ;-)

Phantour
#15re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:31pm

Well I'm a big fan of Rebecca, but I admit that it's been awhile since I've seen her so I don't know how much she's changed in the role. But if people don't like her, they can always see JHW on the days she performs.

Updated On: 4/11/06 at 08:31 PM

Fabrizio2
#16re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:36pm

There is a nice video of Pitcher playing Christine that I just found. I imagine it is illegal though.

spellbee
#17re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 8:38pm

NONE of these ladies are young . . . Julie Hanson was the most age appropriate person and now she's gone. Even JHW, although she sounds great . . . they just tend to cast these (much) older women as Christine, very unlike what they have done for the vegas production.

spellbee
#18re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO

sorry double post
Updated On: 4/11/06 at 08:38 PM

spellbee
#19re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO

sorry again. geesh Updated On: 4/11/06 at 08:38 PM

AlmostFamous
#20re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 9:30pm

I know Sandra is a couple of years older than Rebecca and Sandra is 37. Does anyone know how old JHW is...

I don't really consider SAndra to be old but she is for the part...Just to remind everyone Sandra has been playing in the role for a long long time.

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#21re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 10:50pm

Congrats, Ms. Pitcher!
I saw her in the tour of POTO, and she was amazing.

#22re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/11/06 at 11:05pm

i believe Sarah Brightman was in her 30's when she did Christine...Lisa Vroman, Teri Bibb, Dale Kristien, Pati Cohenour...there are MANY women who have been in their 30's playing this role...37 isn't old to be playing Christine..in my opinion..if i MAY...there aren't MANY..there are some...but not a lot of 18 year old girls whose voices are mature enough to handle the role.
a lot of people think its an easy little soprano role but it is incredibly rangy and requires a more seasoned voice. i am not saying that there aren't younger girls who can play it. there ARE, i am SURE...

MeGustaJake
#23re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/12/06 at 12:56am

I'm sure Rebecca Pitcher is a nice person, but...this is bad, bad news.

spellbee
#24re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
Posted: 4/12/06 at 1:56am

Yes, there ARE plenty of younger girls that can play it. Look at the Vegas cast Christine's. Look at many of the young Cosettes out there that could also handle Christine.

Didn't someone post on here about ALW hearing two or three of the first round final candidates for the Vegas cast (one of them being JHW) and saying that they were too old and having the casting people start over???? So, why is there a difference with the Broadway Christine castings??? Why can people be "too old" for the role of Christine in Vegas and then get the job on Broadway? I don't get it. Unless that rumor was untrue.

Videos