News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MeGustaJake

Member Name: MeGustaJake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
 Mar 17 2015, 03:01:10 PM
It is implied in the Hugo novel that Quasimodo is mentally challenged; I have seen other adaptations where he comes across as even more so... In the musical, he was portrayed as someone deaf and emotionally stunted. He is a grown man, but Frollo still treats him like a child (and worse)...
 Mar 16 2015, 10:46:32 PM
Hm, I thought his "Out There" was stunning and brave. I loved the direction he and Schwartz took his character.
 Mar 16 2015, 10:45:39 PM
Hm, I thought his "Out There" was stunning and brave. I loved the direction he and Schwartz took his character.
 Mar 16 2015, 07:30:42 PM
I had the opportunity to see Thursday's performance. My partner and I drove from North Carolina to New Jersey to see this and a concert later in the week at Carnegie Hall.

As previously stated, I am a fan of both the film and German score, and have been excited to see it staged for years. My partner, on the other hand, only saw the movie once, remembered not caring for it, and isn't a fan of music theatre in general. We both loved it; the show, along with the incredible music and perfor

Mar 7 2015, 11:28:59 PM
I have tickets to the March 12 performance: I'm a fan of the film and have been wanting to see it staged since the Berlin production. I loved the grandeur of those sets though -- I agree that a story like Hunchback, in such a spectacular setting, should be fairly epic in execution. I do like the idea of making the audience feel like they are watching something they could've seen in the 1400s, though how much more awe-inducing would it have been then to see some more modern effects/flair in the m
re: Tarzan programs!
 May 22 2006, 12:29:39 AM
Awesome news! I can't wait to buy mine when I see the show this Friday :) AH! I'm so excited.

Are there any audio clips available yet?

re: Tarzan Reviews
 May 11 2006, 12:37:24 AM
That video was awesome! I can't wait to see this in just a little over two weeks :)

The reviews aren't really getting me down. I loved "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aida", probably even more than "The Lion King".

re: Phantom movie
 May 10 2006, 07:49:28 PM
I loved the movie, but I am definitely aware of its flaws. I thought Emmy Rossum was an enchanting Christine, and she really elevated the quality of the project, in my opinion.

I like Gerard Butler, but if I were being completley honest, I think someone else should've been cast as the Phantom. That said, I enjoy his performance even though I realize his voice isn't up to par with even the mediocre stage Phantoms.

Its one of my favorites simply because it is "Phantom". It could'

re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
 May 10 2006, 07:42:34 PM
Is Josh Strickland gay? Just wondering, I don't mean to offend anyone by asking.

He did have a rather sissy speaking voice, but I thought he sounded really nice singing with Jenn. I think he'll do fine with the role. I don't think its right to judge someone's overall performance by the way they speak. From everything I've read, Josh is great as Tarzan.

re: Tarzan 5-5-06
 May 6 2006, 01:42:34 AM
Anything else you can tell us? May 26th is close, but it seems so far. I can't wait to see the show :)
re: How does Tarzan look now.....
 May 1 2006, 10:44:00 PM
I actually think its a little odd that so many people care whether or not his chest is waxed. I don't think it should be a Broadway requirement, but thats how many of you are treating it.
re: Any update on Tarzan recently?
 Apr 28 2006, 08:56:59 PM
I can't wait to hear everyone's reactions to the show this weekend. I've been following the process thanks to your comments and its fun to read whats changing. I'm seeing "Tarzan" over memorial day weekend.
re: Who should star in a movie version of Aida? And why?
 Apr 27 2006, 06:58:30 PM
I would love if they brought "Aida" to screen. It is my second favorite musical, and I hate that it closed so soon on Broadway.

I love Heather Headley. I honestly think she should play the role if it was ever adapted into a film. Characters like Amneris and Rameses, could be bigger stars to draw a public audience in.

I wouldn't mind if it were animated, either. There are so many ways this movie could work! They would need a GREAT director, though. No more of this Schumacher

re: Rebecca Pitcher to replace Sandra Joseph in POTO
 Apr 12 2006, 12:56:04 AM
I'm sure Rebecca Pitcher is a nice person, but...this is bad, bad news.
munk's tarzan review
 Apr 11 2006, 12:35:34 AM
I've had tickets for Tarzan since they first became available. I love the movie and Disney productions, but everything about this show sounds pretty bad.

I go late May, I almost wish that I could trade them in! My sole reason for visiting New York is to see it (I live in Minneapolis), though I'm seeing two other shows as well.

EDIT: After going back and reading some of the comments, maybe I am glad I'm seeing this. Sorry, but so far I think liotte has proved herself the more

re: Best ALW movie?
 Apr 1 2006, 04:31:50 PM
"Phantom" is my favorite, and I'd argue that both it and "Evita" are good films. However, Emmy Rossum is what really elevated my opinion of the "Phantom" movie. Joel Schumacher's direction, however, left something to be desired.
re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
 Apr 1 2006, 01:13:19 AM
Thanks for the review and pictures. I can't wait to see the show in May!
tarzan review! Preview #3
 Apr 1 2006, 01:10:51 AM
I've never gone backstage to get autographs, but I'd like to for "Tarzan". Does anyone know how I would be able to do this?
tarzan review!
 Mar 31 2006, 02:11:32 PM
I should be fine then. My tickets don't say Obstructed View and I'm sitting a few rows ahead of Row T. Phew: Tarzan is the sole reason I'm going to New York in May. We're also seeing Wicked and Spamalot, but I don't have as much interest in them.

Thanks liotte!

tarzan review!
 Mar 31 2006, 03:05:59 AM
I keep reading about the severely obstructed views. I ordered my tickets just a few days after the tickets went on sale, and the best available was Orchestra Right, Row Q. Is my view going to be blocked?

I'm going May 26, and I can't wait. But now I'm getting slightly nervous.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You