News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Doogie

Doogie Profile Photo
Member Name: Doogie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?  Jun 25 2009, 03:00:51 PM
Honestly, more than Lansbury, you know who I'd LOVE to see in this role?

Elizabeth Ashley. If you think about it, she'd be absolutely perfect.

re: Phylicia Rashad begins performances tonight...  May 27 2009, 01:49:29 AM
I saw it.
re: Phylicia Rashad begins performances tonight...  May 27 2009, 12:16:21 AM
Really, truly an UNBELIEVABLE performance. I say this as a HUGE fan of Amy Morton, but she was possibly eclipsed by Ms. Rashad tonight. It may be the greatest performance I've ever seen in a straight play.
re: Recovering from vocal nodules  Jan 24 2009, 08:48:35 PM
People also forget with Julie Andrews, that even prior to the development of her nodes, vocally she was a bit past her prime. She could still sing, most definitely, but not like she did 20-30 years prior. And recovering from that kind of surgery in your 60's is tough.
re: Who wants a 'Drood' Revival?  Oct 27 2008, 12:42:34 AM
Emily Skinner for Puffer
Elena Shaddow as Rosa Budd.
Stephanie J. Block for Drood

re: Have you ever seen a Broadway performer on the Subway?  Oct 5 2008, 02:52:05 AM
I saw Helen Mirren and her husband on the Q last year. I am dead serious. I normally wouldn't say anything, but I was in such disbelief that a woman of Ms. Mirren's stature would be on the subway that I asked if she was, indeed, Helen Mirren, and she said yes. Other people saw and started staring, and she bolted at the next stop.
re: Letts to pen OSAGE COUNTY screenplay - film in the works  Aug 26 2008, 10:57:05 PM
Debra Messing-Karen
Mary Louise Parker- Ivy
Geena Davis-Barbara
Tom Hanks- Bill
SALLY FIELD- Violet (though I'm not entirely convinced)
Jean Smart- Mattie Fae
Balthazar Getty- Little Charles
Chris Noth- Steve

re: Michele Ragusa to replace Megan Mullally!!!  Jun 16 2008, 03:11:51 AM
Don't really post anymore, but figured I neeeded to chime in here:

Michele Ragusa is not particularly well known, but is IMMENSELY talented. Her broadway credits include Evelyn Nesbit in Ragtime, replacing Nancy Anderson for the last two weeks of A Class Act, as well as several Encores! productions. She is probably best known for playing Amalia in She Loves Me at Paper Mill Playhouse 3 years ago, winning over the top raves.

I hadn't heard she was replacing Megan, but she is bri

re: Strouse: 'BIRDIE' Revival at Roundabout  Nov 8 2007, 11:03:10 AM
This show NEEDS Natascia Diaz as Rosie.
re: Who should play Eve Harrington opposite Christine Ebersole's Margo Chan  Aug 3 2007, 02:54:44 AM
It would not surprise me if Davie ended up with it.
re: Company rush  Jun 23 2007, 10:31:16 PM
will they be gone by 12:30?
Company rush  Jun 23 2007, 08:56:01 PM
Hey guys-

If myself and 3 friends (4 of us) get to the Barrymore at about 12:30 tomorrow (for the 3:00 show), would we be ok getting 4 rush seats to Company? or would we need to be earlier. Thanks a bunch!

re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?  Jun 18 2007, 07:04:05 PM
there is a rumor that Lesley Ann Warren wants to do it (I'm serious) and I think if she can handle the first act vocally, she'd be great.

Admittedly, I'm a fan of hers.

Maureen Moore in Grey Gardens this afternoon  Jun 9 2007, 09:01:19 PM
Walked by the theatre this afternoon and saw Maureen was on. Not sure about tonight.....
Annie Golden is an understudy in Xanadu  May 24 2007, 08:52:40 PM
to both Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman. Surprised me.

But I wanna see her!

re: Christine Ebersole's attendance history?  May 22 2007, 09:12:40 PM
It has been rumored that Christine will not be on the cruise and will indeed be in GG that week.
re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??  May 20 2007, 08:17:45 PM
apologize. triple.
re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??  May 20 2007, 08:17:41 PM
apologize. double.
re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??  May 20 2007, 08:17:38 PM
will the webcast be available to be seen immediately following. I have DH finale party with friends, but I wanna watch it after they leave at midniteish. will I be able to click on something at theatremania to watch it?
re: Grey Gardens London and National Tour  May 17 2007, 04:51:02 PM
I understand the sentiment behind finding it laughable that a replacement is being sought given the show's numbers, but these producers are COMMITTED to this show, as they should be. There have been various rumors that different women want in with this show (Lesley Ann Warren and Kathie Lee Gifford were two specific names), though lord knows if they could do it.

Nevertheless, I love GG and hope it sees a life after Ebersole, who is, of course, brilliant.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You