pixeltracker

RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online now

RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online now

Hester Prynne Profile Photo
Hester Prynne
#0RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online now
Posted: 4/12/06 at 3:23pm

Michael's posted a RAGTIME Medley on his MySpace page. You can even hear a little bit of Norm Lewis at the end. The blog says its online for a limited time, so check it out.
Michael Rupert's MySpace page

MassOfMen on 5/17/07: "and lastly, I have no vested interest in LB. I have seen the show, I paid my money (a lot of money for that tix) I didn't watch it on a bootleg, yes I saw the flesh and bone of the people up there working their tails off. But do I really have to explain myself to you? are you the judge jury and executioner of Bwyworld.com message board? no. But I digress, I will leave this subject as I am bored of the rebuttals anyway, and go back to "wasting my time" with the job of building buildings. We have chat boards for architects as well, ya know."

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#1re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 3:29pm

Wonderful!

This sounds like it was a really great production. I'd love to have seen it.

Edit: Ooh, "Wheels of a Dream (Reprise)." And I actually quite like Ms. Murney's "Back to Before." Updated On: 4/12/06 at 03:29 PM

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
PK2
#3re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 4:03pm

thank you for sharing this.

I just really love this show. I wish I had seen all different productions.

erikaamato
ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#5re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 4:45pm

Look for an interview about Michael's world premiere turn in 'Splitting Infinity' exclusively on BroadwayWorld, by the end of the month. :)

Hamlet's father.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#6re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 5:09pm

There is just something about this show that gives me chills. Julia's voice is amazing. I so wanted to go see this show in North Carolina, but it just wasn't feasible.

Thanks for posting the link.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Hester Prynne
#7re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 6:06pm

Not a problem, hopefully it will be up for a few. He's pretty bad to have a song up for 24hrs and change it.

Plus I think it's adorable how Michael's totally plugging Julia's CD.

MassOfMen on 5/17/07: "and lastly, I have no vested interest in LB. I have seen the show, I paid my money (a lot of money for that tix) I didn't watch it on a bootleg, yes I saw the flesh and bone of the people up there working their tails off. But do I really have to explain myself to you? are you the judge jury and executioner of Bwyworld.com message board? no. But I digress, I will leave this subject as I am bored of the rebuttals anyway, and go back to "wasting my time" with the job of building buildings. We have chat boards for architects as well, ya know."

apdarcey
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#9re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 7:00pm

I saw it in NC. It was wonderful!!!!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

AuditioningWaitress
#10re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 10:15pm

Ah...I'm in Heaven!!! This is why Michael's Myspace page is becoming my favorite site!!! All three of them are amazing!!! I would have killed to see this production!!!

Hester Prynne
#11re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 10:24pm

He does put a lot a great stuff on there. Also, what's nice is he, like Gavin Greel, Susan Eagan and some others. It's actually them! Not some 16 year who's pretending to be Idina!

AuditioningWaitress
#12re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 10:27pm

Yeah, it is a bit bizarre when you look up some people and they have 10 profiles...
Updated On: 4/12/06 at 10:27 PM

Hester Prynne
#13re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/12/06 at 10:33pm

At least some people like Daphne Rubin-Vega are honest that it's not them, just someone representing them. I always feel bad for these people that write them and comment them and it's not really them.

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#14re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 8:39am

Glad everyone is enjoying it so far. It will probably be online for 24 more hours. It's already had close to 400 plays, so I think everyone who wants to have listened to it has done so already.

On a side note. Thank you Erika for the very kind comment on the MySpace page. I'm going to completely plug Erika here. Erika is less then $400 away from her goal of $1500 for the 5K Revlon Run/Walk for Women, so please it you have $1, $50 or $100, think about giving a little to help find a cure for women's cancers.

Erika's 5K Revlon Run/Walk for Women Secure Page

Please visit Michael Rupert's MySpace Page includes rare and live performances.
Updated On: 4/13/06 at 08:39 AM

AuditioningWaitress
#15re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:19pm

Thanks for posting the medley Will!!!

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#16re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:55pm

You're more than welcome Waitress. Glad you are enjoying it.

AuditioningWaitress
#17re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 4:05pm

Completely!!! Julia's "Back To Before" is truly divine and Michael's "Gliding" is so beautiful...Plus Norm on the "Wheels Of A Dream" Reprise...Breathtaking!!!

When's Michael's interview going to appear on BroadwayWorld?

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#18re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 4:14pm

Not sure. The BroadwayWorld interview with also feature Michael's co-star in SPLITTING INFINITY, Elizabeth Hess as well as the director Mark Cuddy.

Also, Michael will be chatting with Stephen and Clay on an upcoming episode of Sunset & 42nd PodCast.

Sunset & 42nd Website

Updated On: 4/13/06 at 04:14 PM

AuditioningWaitress
#19re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 4/13/06 at 4:29pm

Cool, thanks. I've never heard of this podcast. Thanks for the link. Look forward to hearing Michael on it. Happy Easter to the both of you!

Hester Prynne
#20re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
Posted: 5/6/06 at 4:46pm

I just noticed it's back online for anyone who missed it the first time.

Videos