News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WChafin

WChafin Profile Photo
Member Name: WChafin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.jrockingr.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who owns the performance rights to Elegies: A Song Cycle?
 Jul 27 2006, 09:23:05 PM
Samuel French.
FALSETTOS - link to live LATW performance with original cast members
 Jul 20 2006, 04:47:03 PM
Two of the tracks from the LA Theatre Works production ("A Tight-Knit Family" as well as "What More Can I Say") can be heard in Stephen and Clay's chat with Michael on their Sunset and 42nd PodCast, which can be downloaded via their MySpace page. Link below.

The live version of "What Would I Do" is currently on Michael's MySpace page.

re: Brian Stoke Mitchell CD Giveway on Michael Rupert's MySpace page
 May 31 2006, 03:39:15 PM
Hey Waitress, Like Dirty Rotten Scoundrel says, you need a MySpace account, as well as being on of Michael's friends to view bulletins and enter the contest. If you want to get an account, friend us and then enter the contest, we won't hold that against you : )

But, the contest will be ending tomorrow night at 9 p.m. (EST), that way we can hopefully get it to the winner by the June 6th release date. I listened to our copy of the CD last night and it's amazing. Plus it took him 6 year

re: Cast albums that were recorded but never released
 May 25 2006, 03:26:59 PM
Actually, the Broadway Cast of FALSETTOS never went into the studio to record a CD.

LA Theare Works recorded a live version with the 3 male leads in 2003, which has remained unreleased and only available on their web radio.

re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
 May 13 2006, 03:57:55 PM
It's a play. She did it Off-Broadway in 2003.
re: Anyone Get the New Sunday in the Park CD Yet?
 May 13 2006, 03:53:43 PM
I enjoyed the new SUNDAY recording. For me, though, it took a few listens to get used to Daniel Evans and Jenna Russell. I'm so used to hearing Mandy and Bernadette, that others sounded strange to me at first.
re: Other Recordings of 'Moonfall' and 'Perfect Strangers' from Drood
 May 13 2006, 03:50:13 PM
Judy Collins recorded "Moonfall" (I don't remember the CD though) and two artists on LML records also recorded it. Christina Saffran Ashford on her CD "Temporary Insanity" and Rebecca Spencer on "Wide Awake and Dreaming".

Australian performers Judy Connelli and Suzanne Johnston recorded a version of "Perfect Strangers" for a duet CD of the same name.

Those are the only versions that I know of.

re: John Bucchino... 'It's Only Life'
 May 13 2006, 03:46:53 PM
According to the liner notes to the CD - "IT'S ONLY LIFE contains seven transitions that serve to link the songs; these were recorded, but due to space contraints, had to be omitted from the final CD. The transition lyrics do appear, however, on the pages that follow and the tracks themselves are available for free download at www.PSClassics.com".

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your whole message!!!

re: Time and Time Again (Hopefully with Julia Murney)
 May 3 2006, 09:22:55 AM
Julia does two songs on the demo "Who Are You Anyways?" and "The Right Look".

re: RAGTIME Medley with Michael Rupert, Julia Murney & Norm Lewis online no
 Apr 13 2006, 04:14:24 PM
Not sure. The BroadwayWorld interview with also feature Michael's co-star in SPLITTING INFINITY, Elizabeth Hess as well as the director Mark Cuddy.

Also, Michael will be chatting with Stephen and Clay on an upcoming episode of Sunset & 42nd PodCast.

re: Please no ***More RENT remixes***
 Apr 13 2006, 03:59:54 PM
I have to admit I hate these new mixes...Although I actually enjoyed the original remix of "Light My Candle" with Daphne and Adam...
 Apr 13 2006, 03:55:53 PM
You're more than welcome Waitress. Glad you are enjoying it.
 Apr 13 2006, 08:39:22 AM
Glad everyone is enjoying it so far. It will probably be online for 24 more hours. It's already had close to 400 plays, so I think everyone who wants to have listened to it has done so already.

On a side note. Thank you Erika for the very kind comment on the MySpace page. I'm going to completely plug Erika here. Erika is less then $400 away from her goal of $1500 for the 5K Revlon Run/Walk for Women, so please it you have $1, $50 or $100, think about giving a little to help find

re: Information about Ann Marie Milazzo please
 Apr 12 2006, 08:29:44 AM
She's also one of the vocalist for The East Village Opera Company, thier debut CD is on Universal/Decca.

Other CD's I know she performs on both of Stephen Schwartz's CD's "Reluctant Pilgrim" and "Uncharted Territory" and on Elizabeth Swados' "Bible Women".

She's also a gifted composer. Below is a link to a website from the film PRETTY DEAD GIRL where she wrote all the songs and there are MP3's available for download.

re: Julia Murney- 'I'm Not Waiting'
 Apr 9 2006, 05:23:27 PM
LuvTheEmcee, the booklet has 4 pictures from the same photo session has the cover photo. I notice that AuditioningWaitress has a photo of the back of the CD booklet. There are also various tiny pictures throughout of Julia, Andrew Lippa and various people in the recording studio.
re: Rockabye Hamlet LP?!
 Apr 9 2006, 05:15:31 PM
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy, check your PM's.

re: Carrie - Original Workshop Cast
 Mar 31 2006, 02:01:05 PM
You're right. Was typing too fast. Changed it.
re: Carrie - Original Workshop Cast
 Mar 31 2006, 01:01:46 PM
The Original Workshop Cast was as follows:

Maureen McGovern (Margaret White)
Annie Golden (Carrie White)
Laurie Beechman (Miss Gardner)
Liz Callaway (Chris)
Laura Dean (Sue)
Todd Graff (Tommy)
Peter Nepture (Billy)

The Ensemble Members were: Julie Cohen, Lisa Curtis, Elisa Fiorillo (who later when on to have a minor pop hit with "Who Found Who" and recorded with Prince), Cynthia Hunt, Donna Murphy and Karen Ryan.

re: Lestat Mailer?
 Feb 24 2006, 04:45:47 PM
Mistress, is this the one you are looking for? It's yours if you want it. PM me or e-mail me at TheJRockingRCo@aol.com
re: The Human Comedy
 Feb 20 2006, 04:55:25 PM
It's an interesting score. Samuel French publishes the full libertto.

http://www.samuelfrench.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/2855?osCsid=04ce1111591b9cd68dd82616677686ea

Some interesting triva. In the reading before it went to the Public Theater, Betty Buckley originated the part of the mother.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You