Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail

bella cantato
#0Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:39pm

So I was wasting my summer day this morning, watching "You've Got Mail" and my eyes about bugged out of my head when Sara Ramirez popped up on the screen! For those of you who have seen the movie a long time ago but are not totally familiar with it, she plays the cash register attendant in the grocery store in the scene where Meg Ryan is in the cash-only line but doesn't have enough cash to pay (so Tom Hanks sweet-talks Sara Ramirez into using the credit card.) She looks totally different and is speaking with an accent... they obviously put a lot of work into her hair and makeup so that she looks tired and not at all glamorous. Anyway, I just wanted to share. Also, I was curious about other instances where current Broadway stars might have popped up as bit parts in mainstream movies. If you have any examples, feel free to share!

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness
Updated On: 5/28/06 at 05:39 PM

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#1re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:40pm

its not any grocery store. Its ZABERS!

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#2re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:41pm

I think you mean Zabar's.

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#3re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:42pm

Sara Ramirez .... Rose, Zabar's Cashier

is her credit on imdb

bella cantato
#4re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:45pm

I know it's credited on imdb, but I don't have her personal biography memorized, so when I watched the movie, I was surprised to see it! And I was pretty excited about it too! So I don't really see what you were getting at, CycoSpaz2.

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#5re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:46pm

Oh no, I was just clarifying the name of the store she was the cashier at :)

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#6re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:48pm

Denis O'hare is in Derailed, it was a nice suprise when I watched it...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

bella cantato
#7re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:51pm

Oh, okay, gotcha! Thanks, then :)

bwayondabrain
#8re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:59pm

when you say she speaks with an accent, is it a Mexican accent?

:P

#9re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 6:02pm

Allen Hidalgo plays Chita Riviera in Spielbergs "...To Wong Foo..."

OverTheBoone
#10re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:03pm

Wow, I didn't know she was in You've Got Mail! Now I need to see that movie again!

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#11re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:07pm

Yeah, she has some sort of accent resembling mexican. She's actually quiet funny just in her expressions. Love that movie!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#12re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 9:15pm

WELL duh......

and calling Zabar's a grocery store is like calling Nieman Marcus a 7-11

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#13re: Sara Ramirez in You've Got Mail
Posted: 5/28/06 at 9:26pm

that is funny!

but I have never heard of Zabar's except for it in the movie.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Videos