News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bella cantato

bella cantato Profile Photo
Member Name: bella cantato
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Legally Blonde Rush help...
 Aug 19 2007, 10:55:13 PM
I'm bumping this bc I'm planning on going to the Wednesday matinee next week and was wondering what time I should get there?
re: Spring Awakening rush information
 Jul 19 2007, 06:19:06 PM
bump
re: Spring Awakening rush information
 Jul 18 2007, 08:04:52 PM
what time do you usually suggest for sun?
re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
 Jun 29 2007, 05:21:10 PM
Holliday was AWFUL. She made Hudson look even more amazing than she already is! I don't understand how anyone can think she wasn't anything but horrendous- my roommates and I were like cracking up because she sounded so bad. I know she was great back in the day but come ON, she does not have it anymore.
Hairspray on The Insider and ET 4/18/07
 Apr 19 2007, 10:40:04 AM
soooooo excited!
re: ACCENTS: are people trained anymore?
 Apr 12 2007, 11:58:09 PM
seriously? get over yourself.
re: Teach for America
 Apr 10 2007, 04:40:56 PM
husk_charmer- thanks :)

I'm bumping this just in case there is someone out there who hasn't seen it yet who might be able to give me some more input.

re: AIDA - my production! (pictures inside! feedback appreciated!)
 Apr 6 2007, 12:38:55 AM
I can't believe those kids are in high school- I'm in college and I think Amneris looks older than me!
re: The Pirate Queen Reviews
 Apr 6 2007, 12:32:29 AM
I'm not surprised that the show is getting bad reviews, but I am surprised that Stephanie is getting trashed. When I saw the production in Chicago, I thought she absolutely lit up the stage with her presence. I hope the other reviews give her more credit- I really thought she was fabulous, and her voice is amazing.
re: Grey's Anatomy
 Mar 26 2007, 12:01:43 AM
Am I the only one who DID see the George/Izzie thing coming? I mean come on guys- she was so upset with him for marrying Callie. She was like obsessed with him. I mean I thought it was weird but... people fall for weird people. And Izzie is particularly vulnerable right now.

As for Callie, my heart breaks for the scene that is to come. She is going to be so destroyed. Ugh. I hate George now. He has stomped all over her. Callie is going to have to leave him... she better leave

re: Does Melchior rape Wendla in SPRING AWAKENING?**SPOILERS**
 Mar 25 2007, 01:34:57 AM
In the quote that Wendla sings that keeps getting brought up, I always took the line "So let that be my story" to be what she wants OTHERS to say about her... so it doesn't necessarily mean that she believes it herself.
Is the holy grail in Spamalot always located under seat D101
 Mar 24 2007, 02:33:02 PM
are you kidding me?
re: Barrino brings $2 million increase in Color Purple ticket sales
 Mar 10 2007, 04:28:24 PM
She's playing Shug? I saw her in Aida, and that was pretty much a disaster. When I saw her name I was hoping she would be playing Nettie- I think she is much more suited for that role... eek.
re: Grey's Anatomy
 Mar 10 2007, 01:33:16 AM
did anyone happen to see the promo on thurs for next week? my vcr cut off and didn't record it.
My Irish views on Pirate Queen.
 Mar 8 2007, 12:47:06 AM
I have to say that, I am still wishing for the best, but I fear that the critics are going to tear this show apart, and it's going to flop. Which is sooooo disappointing to me. I saw it in Chicago and I really, really loved aspects of it... I really believe it has so much potential. I wish they hadn't rushed to New York and taken another year to fix it... really, really fix it. Big time.

That being said, I personally think the attack on accents is shallow. I understand if the plot

Shiver me timbers!
 Mar 3 2007, 10:55:12 PM
So? That's not the point. The point is that he says that London blockbusters are coming to an end, and Mary Poppins IS a London blockbuster, and thus is an example of how his argument is flawed! It makes no difference that it also has other affiliates attached to it.
Shiver me timbers!
 Mar 3 2007, 07:52:35 PM
Actually, yes it does. He said that "British blockbuster" days are over, but Mary Poppins is very much a "British blockbuster" that is doing well.
re: Major flaw of 'The Pirate Queen'
 Mar 3 2007, 04:36:05 PM
I would hardly call that a "major flaw" ...
Shiver me timbers!
 Mar 3 2007, 04:17:41 PM
haha, I'm sorry, I was being harsh and/or melodramatic. I did enjoy the performances given by the actors and some of the songs... but can see why it wasn't as big of a success as ALW's others.
Shiver me timbers!
 Mar 3 2007, 02:47:39 PM
"Webber couldn't run Woman in White,"

Yeah. Because it sucked. It had nothing to do with the fact that it came from London.

And what about Mary Poppins? That came from London, is not a revival and is doing pretty darn well. Last week it was at 99.8% capacity.

Basically, your theory doesn't make any sense. Shows are going to do well solely depending on how good they are... not where they come from.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You