pixeltracker

Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!- Page 2

Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#25re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 1:03am

Michael was fantastic tonight. He was definitely nervous a little bit at the beginning because a few notes were just a tad sharp, but the last couple of songs in Act 1 were perfect and he was completely warmed up by Act 2...excellent! His "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" brought the house down. I consider myself very fortunate to have heard Michael sing this score live. Very impressive. If any of you feel like waking up early to rush tomorrow afternoon's show, it is definitely worth your time. Michael will be going on tomorrow at 2pm. I also feel fortunate to have seen all three actors as Frankie Valli. I will probably see it with JLY one more time post Tonys. If any of you go to tomorrow afternoon's performance, let us know how it went! Thanks!
Updated On: 7/1/06 at 01:03 AM

WithoutATrace
#26re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 1:04am

PS: They were all incredibly nice at the stage door. Christian Hoff totally deserved his Tony Award...and I told him so tonight. Excellent job by all four men. Updated On: 7/1/06 at 01:04 AM

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#27re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 3:57am

Glad you had a great time. Now I have to decide whether I want to rush the matinee. Of course still being up at 4AM doesn't make it look good!

To all of you rushers: If I want to student rush on July 4th, do they start selling them at 3:30 since the show is at 7?

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#28re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 8:47am

That's correct, SCBWannabe.

Michael's going on for the matinee today, and then I'm not sure. I'm wondering if Dominic is going on tomorrow.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#29re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 8:55am

WaT...thanks for the review about Michael!! How would you rank the three Frankies? Michael is the only one I haven't seen and I really want to because, along with what you just posted, I hear he is fantastic.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

WithoutATrace
#30re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 9:46am

1. JLY
2. Michael (a very close second)
3. Dominic

and yes, new philosphy girl, especially since you are a big fan of the show, i would definitely recommend seeing Michael as Frankie Valli.
Updated On: 7/1/06 at 09:46 AM

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#31re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/1/06 at 10:12am

Thanks! I have some friends who are in line right now to catch the 2pm show. I'm a little jealous I cannot be amongst them, they are excited to see Michael go on...

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

TennesseeTwang
#32re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 10:49am

Anybody know what the view of the stage is like from Left Orchestra Row Q, seat 17 (the seat closet to the wall)?

smashingasian
#33re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:34pm

When purchasing the rush tickets I understand it is limited to two per person. When you're buying the tickets, if another person is watching the show with you, do they have to be present at the box office as well? My situation is, my sister and I want to see the show, but she doesn't get out of her camp until 12. I was planning to go to the box office myself and wait in line, but I was wondering if she had to be with me or not.

popular_elphie
#34re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:37pm

One person can buy two tickets. If it was only you and her going, you could buy the two tickets by yourself at the box office.

smashingasian
#35re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:43pm

Thanks popular_elphie! I absolutely love your JB fansite!

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#36re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:53pm

Well, it doesn't sound like they've reduced the NUMBER of tickets, at least. Just moved 'em around. I've been wondering if the location of the student seats relates to feedback from the people who paid full price? Each time I've done Student Rush I couldn't help but look at the people right next to the student seats and think, "Hmmm. Kinda tight angle for full price, isn't it?"

I wouldn't say "Buyer beware" though. The fact is, the set design of Jersey Boys is very accessible and even an obstructed view is going to let you in on MOST of the action. Only the projection screens get cut off and, speaking as someone who has NEVER seen them clearly in the four times I've seen the show, you don't lose anything extremely vital. re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

popular_elphie
#37re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:38am

I'm not a fan of the projection screens. The only ones that are of any interest to me are the ones that denote the season changes, and the ones for the TV performances.

I love the rush seats, and love that they're so close up. I'm so happy that we love a show that has some good rush seats!

And thank you for your compliment, smashingasian! It means very much to me :).

NJgirl
#38re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 3:35pm

bumping for the JB experts....bc my mom is dying for me to take her again.

What's the procedure for getting tix on a two show Saturday?? The earliest I could be there on a Saturday is 7:45. I'm guessing that's too late to secure a pair of matinee rush tickets. I'd love to try for tix to the 8pm show instead. How early does that line form? Do people from the morning line start the evening line and things of that nature?

WithoutATrace
#39re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 3:42pm

if you're there by 7:45am, you might get two SRO tickets for the matinee for you and your mom. if not, you'll defintiely be fine for Rush tickets for the evening show. good luck!

smashingasian
#40re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:03pm

I did rush for the matinee on Wednesday and got there at around 7 and I was second in line. Saturday is usually a pretty busy day so rush might be a little more hectic I guess.

Do people usually start waiting for evening rush as soon as the matinee rush fills up? I didn't get a chance to ask the people in line what they were waiting for after I purchased my tickets. I'd love to do evening rush one day. For some reason I like watching shows at night haha

WithoutATrace
#41re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:06pm

me too. i much prefer to attend evening shows!

worrell4077
#42re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:32pm

The last couple of times that I rushed Jersey were a Wednesday and a Saturday matinee, both were pre Tonys(one in April and one in May) and when I went for the show in April I got to the theatre I think around 9:30am and no one was there yet, but then with the saturday matinee I was like 4th or 5th in line and both times that I rushed it, I have been on the same side(with the staircase in April it was A4 an May it was B8, I rushed it also for my birthday in December and got row W center). It's truly a pain to get up around 5am or so, just to get Student tickets, but in some cases it's worth it.

smashingasian
#43re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:45pm

I did rush for the first time Wednesday and I got seat A2. Even though the staircase was quite distracting, the seat was amazing! Michael was on for John that day and in the beginning when he's sitting on the staircase I was tempted to reach out and touch him! Of course I kept my hands to myself and enjoyed the rest of the performance haha

Even though getting up early to go to the city was a pain, it was totally worth it in the end! I really want to do rush again except in the evening. I'm just wondering what time I should get there.

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#44re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 8:39pm

7:45 AM?! WHAT?!

i work at jersey boys... i never see anyone standing there that early when i arrive at work.

then again i'm usually half asleep..

but still... 7:45 should be fine!

smashingasian
#45re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/7/06 at 10:24pm

What do you do there kenmarksnj? Next time I do rush I'll keep an eye out for you lol

Zeitoujo
#46re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/8/06 at 9:34am

what are the BEST rush seats?

also, what time should I get there for a sunday @ 3, or a saturday @2/8.

my mom and i are DYING to see the show!!!

thanks your your help all.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

smashingasian
#47re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/8/06 at 12:23pm

In my opinion, I really don't think theres such a thing as the "best" rush seats. However, sitting on the left side is much better than being caught behind the staircase on the right. I honestly don't care where I sit because I'm just glad to be seeing the show. Depending on what number you are on line also depends on where you sit. Whatever seat the ticket holder gives you is what you get, unless you ask them for another one.

Time varies on the days of the week. I'm not too sure about Sunday shows, but Saturday can be pretty crazy considering it's the weekend and all. For a Saturday matinee I'd suggest maybe around 7 AM, and for evening, around 4 hours before they go on sale (go on sale at 4:30 pm)Try Wednesday, not too busy because it's during the week. I did it and got to the theatre at 7 and was second in line. Well worth the wait.

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#48re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/8/06 at 12:33pm

for what it's worth, i sit on the back left staircase of the house during almost every performance at some point and the show still looks ****ing phenomenal from all the way back there...

worrell4077
#49re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/8/06 at 1:13pm

"Michael was on for John that day and in the beginning when he's sitting on the staircase I was tempted to reach out and touch him!"

That's really funny smashingasian, cause when me and my sister were in A2 and A4 in April and John came out and sat there she started shaking cause he was right there and she just wanted to shout his name out or touch him. She was even more shocked when at the end of "Walk Like A Man", Daniel walked over and pointed to her, we found at the stage door that he pointed to her because she was wearing a Michigan University shirt and that's where he went.

I'm going back in August and my sister said she was going to get us all up at 4am, so that we can leave for the train into the city by 6am.